Anyone here flown Spirit Airlines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    People who complain about Spirit crack me the fuck up. You're too goddamned cheap to pay for a ticket with AA, but expect the same amenities? Get real.

You can usually tell who is being unreasonable just by reading the reviews. I immediately dismiss anything with misspelled words and piss poor grammar.

I've flown with them before, and will again. They have their place. I would spend more for a non discount airliner on flights over 2 hours. JMO. I've also never been delayed or had a flight cancel on Spirit.
    LOL. Agree to disagree. I've flown enough to know the difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny46 View Post
      It's not bad if you do your research first and realize that you pay extra for EVERYTHING. They discuss this clearly on their website but most people don't read it, (including myself the first time I flew with them) and end up paying more for a spirit flight than a normal one.

If you can travel really light with one small backpack (really small, not a big military ruck) and are not to tall/heavy you'll be fine. I recently traveled via spirit back from San Diego and had a 20 liter day pack full and brought my own drink aboard and I was just fine. If you do have to take an extra bag onboard pay for it before hand (it's like 30 bucks extra) becUse if you wait till you get there its going to cost you double that.

Being that its a cheaper airline, it attracts many different people who live in the cheaper parts of the area if you catch my drift. I remedy this with over the ear headphones (that I wear into the airport so as to not take more room in my bag) and an above average level of tolerance. You should also have a flexible schedule, if you're plane breaks they don't try to get you another plane, you just go out on the next available flight the next day.
      Oh yeah, I know about their nickle and dime shit. I fully plan on having a bag that meets their "personal item" requirements.

People who complain about Spirit crack me the fuck up. You're too goddamned cheap to pay for a ticket with AA, but expect the same amenities? Get real.

You can usually tell who is being unreasonable just by reading the reviews. I immediately dismiss anything with misspelled words and piss poor grammar.

I've flown with them before, and will again. They have their place. I would spend more for a non discount airliner on flights over 2 hours. JMO. I've also never been delayed or had a flight cancel on Spirit.
      Don't really care about amenities. Earlier in the year I cannonballed out to florida, non stop. Total of 36 hours in the front seat of a Kia Spectra. It's the delays that have the potential to annoy me the most.

Comment

Are you white? Do you like being white? Do you want to be treated white?

If yes to any of the above, Spirit may not be for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

I own a tote the note car lot. I am used to dealing with financially challenged individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post

He most definitely is white.

Maybe the whitest here.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
              Biggest in our group is 6'1, smallest is 5'1. I daily a C4 corvette, so I am used to being cramped. I am more concerned about back support in the seats, not for me, but one of my group has back trouble with really shitty seats.

I am going in the middle of the week at balls o clock in the morning, so hoping that it wont be too full.
              They are lawn chairs bolted to a deck, basically.

Comment

We got stuck in Atlanta over night due to a cancelled flight (not weather related), and they offered zero compensation or customer service for the inconvenience. Add to that the "nickel and dime" fees for EVERYTHING, and it was a horrible experience that wasn't much cheaper than AA or Southwest.

They have made it impossible to get off of their mailing list, and it pisses me off every time I get an email from them. We won't ever fly with them again.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                  LOL. Agree to disagree. I've flown enough to know the difference.
                  I haven't? There are only a handful of people on here that fly more than I do. People have unrealistic expectations from a discount airline, and that's a fact.

99.9% of my travel is with AA & SWA, but as I said, Spirit has their place. They're great for short trips when you're able to travel light.
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I haven't? There are only a handful of people on here that fly more than I do. People have unrealistic expectations from a discount airline, and that's a fact.

99.9% of my travel is with AA & SWA, but as I said, Spirit has their place. They're great for short trips when you're able to travel light.
                    No sir, my statement was to qualify myself, not to disqualify you.

All I was saying is that I have flown enough to know that Spirit sucks, that's all.

Comment

This is exactly correct.

People bitch and moan about them but they're the ones who don't want to spend extra coin to be on a "nice" airline. I flew with them a couple weeks ago, 3rd or 4th time, you get what you pay for. I never pay anything extra and I never do the add on. I've never had a problem taking my carry on bag, usually a back pack, and the last flight a couple weeks ago I took a back pack and had a suit bag with 3 suits and did not have to pay extra for anything (suits even went in overhead bin). The seating is terrible as everyone has stated. I'm 5'10'' and fit fine, anything larger, you will definitely be uncomfortable for a little bit.

Comment

I only complain because my company booked me with spirit to ORD. I'll personally never use them again. Not because of their service, but because I don't fit in their planes.

Comment

Vegas flights are already really cheap. Why out yoursepf through that to save what... $50?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Vegas flights are already really cheap. Why out yoursepf through that to save what... $50?
                            It was kind of spur of the moment and we let the most frugal member of the group book it....

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                              Biggest in our group is 6'1, smallest is 5'1. I daily a C4 corvette, so I am used to being cramped. I am more concerned about back support in the seats, not for me, but one of my group has back trouble with really shitty seats.

I am going in the middle of the week at balls o clock in the morning, so hoping that it wont be too full.
                              Going early may help...but mid week just means more cheap asses that got great hotel sales. I actually hate flying to any major vacation destination because the travelers arent like business travelers.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                                I only complain because my company booked me with spirit to ORD.
                                Now that would suck. I'd be pissed if my company tried to make me fly via Spirit.
                                Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X