Anyone here flown Spirit Airlines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone here flown Spirit Airlines?

I have a 3 day trip to vegas booked and my flight is through spirit. Been reading some reviews and it seems they have a lot of pissed off people, but some really good reviews as well. Just seeing if anyone here has personal experience?

If you are above average height or weight it will fucking suck. I'm 6'2" and my knees were dug into the back of the chair. My feet didn't touch the deck except to board and exit the plane. Southwest business select all day every day.

Comment

its the cheapest people flying on the cheapest carrier. They nickel and dime so most broke asses complain. The reason i wont fly spirit has more to do with their clientele than their service.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        its the cheapest people flying on the cheapest carrier. They nickel and dime so most broke asses complain. The reason i wont fly spirit has more to do with their clientele than their service.
        So you are saying there are lots of naynays that fly spirit?

Comment

Take 150 wal mart shoppers and cram them into an aluminum tube with no exit for 3 hours at 30K feet up.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            So you are saying there are lots of naynays that fly spirit?
            Id take naynays over drunk white trash all day every day.

Comment

If you can zone people out for a good 3hrs and dont care about being bumped off the flight if you are the lowest fare then your good to go.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                If you are above average height or weight it will fucking suck. I'm 6'2" and my knees were dug into the back of the chair. My feet didn't touch the deck except to board and exit the plane. Southwest business select all day every day.
                Biggest in our group is 6'1, smallest is 5'1. I daily a C4 corvette, so I am used to being cramped. I am more concerned about back support in the seats, not for me, but one of my group has back trouble with really shitty seats.

Take 150 wal mart shoppers and cram them into an aluminum tube with no exit for 3 hours at 30K feet up.
                I am going in the middle of the week at balls o clock in the morning, so hoping that it wont be too full.

Comment

I'd rather take Greyhound.... or walk

Comment

Your flight we be delayed about 3-4 hours that seems to be their SOP. Make sure you have enought time to waste. I did once never did again.
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                      I'd rather take Greyhound.... or walk
                      Probably would make it your destination quicker.
                      Originally posted by Da Prez
                      Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                      Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

It's not bad if you do your research first and realize that you pay extra for EVERYTHING. They discuss this clearly on their website but most people don't read it, (including myself the first time I flew with them) and end up paying more for a spirit flight than a normal one.

If you can travel really light with one small backpack (really small, not a big military ruck) and are not to tall/heavy you'll be fine. I recently traveled via spirit back from San Diego and had a 20 liter day pack full and brought my own drink aboard and I was just fine. If you do have to take an extra bag onboard pay for it before hand (it's like 30 bucks extra) becUse if you wait till you get there its going to cost you double that.

Being that its a cheaper airline, it attracts many different people who live in the cheaper parts of the area if you catch my drift. I remedy this with over the ear headphones (that I wear into the airport so as to not take more room in my bag) and an above average level of tolerance. You should also have a flexible schedule, if you're plane breaks they don't try to get you another plane, you just go out on the next available flight the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Juiced4v View Post
                          Your flight we be delayed about 3-4 hours that seems to be their SOP. Make sure you have enought time to waste. I did once never did again.
                          This is what I am concerned with. That said, check in at the hotel is after 3 and I am supposed to arrive in vegas at like 8am, so I have time.

Comment

People who complain about Spirit crack me the fuck up. You're too goddamned cheap to pay for a ticket with AA, but expect the same amenities? Get real.

You can usually tell who is being unreasonable just by reading the reviews. I immediately dismiss anything with misspelled words and piss poor grammar.

I've flown with them before, and will again. They have their place. I would spend more for a non discount airliner on flights over 2 hours. JMO. I've also never been delayed or had a flight cancel on Spirit.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Southwest is a much better option. And they fly direct now.

Comment

Working...
                              X