No announcement yet.

Anyone here flown Spirit Airlines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flew on Spirit to Atlanta once, not bad at all.

Comment

Spirit sucks for most people because they expect a lot more than the basics. However if you pay by their rules you can fly super cheap. I'm going to Vegas November 21st with 3 friends and I got us 4 tickets one way for $136.40 for all 4. We're driving to LA after that and flying back American.

Where else can you fly to Vegas for $34.10? Now the times suck and everything else sucks but if you can man up for 3 hours you'll be fine. The way I see it is more spending money.

Here's proof:

SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 21, 2015 TIME DURATION
      Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX 11:10 PM 02 h 51 min
      Las Vegas, NV 12:01 AM

Purchase Price

Flight Price $79.44
      Base Fare $79.44
      - Flight $0.04 -
      - Unintended Consequences of DOT Regulations $7.44 -
      - Passenger Usage Fee $71.96 -
      Government's Cut $56.96
      Security Fee $22.40
      Passenger Facility Fee $18.00
      Segment Fee $16.00
      Federal Excise Tax $0.56

Total $136.40

Comment

I don't like Spirit for all of the previous reasons mentioned, and one more: they don't clean their planes. Their planes are fucking disgusting, and I don't know why they haven't had serious problems with ringworm and staph infections.
        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I'd rather take a shot of VD directly into the penis than fly Spirit...

Comment

Sounds like the consensus is that your cheap ass friend already ruined the trip.

Haha jk...good luck...im sure itll work out.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
              I don't like Spirit for all of the previous reasons mentioned, and one more: they don't clean their planes. Their planes are fucking disgusting, and I don't know why they haven't had serious problems with ringworm and staph infections.
              No airline really cleans their airplanes, they pick up trash. They are disgusting and all of the air is recirculated. Don't drink the water either.
              2006 Civic SI
              2009 Pilot
              1988 GT
              CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Is anyone else not worried about maintenance and whatnot on such a frugal airline?

I don't fly much, but it seems that I'd rather pay a bit more in the hopes that a small part off that fee goes into making sure the fucking wing doesn't fall off mid flight.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
                G'Day Mate

Comment

Originally posted by Grimpala View Post
                  Is anyone else not worried about maintenance and whatnot on such a frugal airline?

I don't fly much, but it seems that I'd rather pay a bit more in the hopes that a small part off that fee goes into making sure the fucking wing doesn't fall off mid flight.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk
                  No shit, cheapest ill go is southwest.

Comment

Got a Vegas flight on them coming up so we shall see. Was a $700 difference between Spirit and Virgin for two people. If it was $100 I would have thought different, but $700 I'll roll the dice. That said I did my research of the nickel and dimes, paid for all the extras up front. My itinerary is pretty relaxed so if we do get delayed won't kill the trip but it would suck!

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                      No airline really cleans their airplanes, they pick up trash. They are disgusting and all of the air is recirculated. Don't drink the water either.
                      They must dump other airlines' trash onto Spirit planes.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Just got back from vegas flying on Spirit. To me the plane felt just like southwest. Small and cramp, but i figured since the price was cheap. They do have seats with extra room that cost 35 extra. They will try amd nickle and dime you to death if you are not carefuk. I chose random on the seat so i didnt pay extra. No drink or snack is free, so i didnt buy anything and just waited.

My flight was on time and no delays on both trips. Overall , getting me to vegas it did the job the cheapest.

Comment

Originally posted by musclestang89 View Post
                          Just got back from vegas flying on Spirit. To me the plane felt just like southwest. Small and cramp, but i figured since the price was cheap. They do have seats with extra room that cost 35 extra. They will try amd nickle and dime you to death if you are not carefuk. I chose random on the seat so i didnt pay extra. No drink or snack is free, so i didnt buy anything and just waited.

My flight was on time and no delays on both trips. Overall , getting me to vegas it did the job the cheapest.

Thats what I like to hear.

Comment

I've flown Spirit twice now. First time in May we had a few minute delay leaving DFW but nothing major. The return trip leaving Denver was a mess. We were delayed about 3-4 hours and people were starting to get emails on their phones that the flight was canceled. The Spirit employees at the gate didn't seem to have answers to anyone's questions. Eventually, they claimed they were short one flight attendant and FAA regulations wouldn't allow us to even board without enough attendants.

I gave them a second chance due to price and available flight times to and from Las Vegas for SEMA. No delays or issues from Spirit. However, we did have a slight delay as they kicked a passenger off the plane leaving Vegas. So, do not heckle the flight attendants while they give their safety speech and don't call the male flight attendant a faggot.

As others have said, know the price games for luggage fees, seating fees, refreshment fees, etc. Expect everything to cost extra. I had an inch or less between my knees and the seat in front of me. If your taller than 5'10" or want more room, then be willing to pay for a reserved seat with more legroom.

Comment

Originally posted by YALE View Post
                              They must dump other airlines' trash onto Spirit planes.
                              It also must get dumped onto American Eagle, or whatever they are dba now. The reliability factor has also become an issue, at least on American Eagle flights from DFW to El Paso del Norte on the Rio Grande.

Comment

The brand "American Eagle" is contracted out to 5 or 6 different regionals, AA used to own the carrier once known as American Eagle, now the original Eagle is very small. So when you step on an Eagle flight, look just to the right of the entrance door and you will see who is really doing the flying.

1)Skywest
                                2)Mesa
                                3)Envoy(the original Eagle)
                                4)Express Jet(old Continental express)
                                5)Piedmont
                                6)PSA

Each company is separate, so you play hully gully with the carriers. Their on-time and customer complaints are the worst in the industry.

Comment

Working...
                                X