Anyone here flown Spirit Airlines?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    Now that would suck. I'd be pissed if my company tried to make me fly via Spirit.
    Yea. I was pretty pissed. I don't normally travel for them, but fill in when employees are on vacation. I told them I'd never do it again unless it was southwest business select or better.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
      Now that would suck. I'd be pissed if my company tried to make me fly via Spirit.
      lol, that's the only reason I've flown with them, it was booked through my company. My company no longer does that shit. We'll pay the few extra dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        Yea. I was pretty pissed. I don't normally travel for them, but fill in when employees are on vacation. I told them I'd never do it again unless it was southwest business select or better.
        Originally posted by CWO View Post
        lol, that's the only reason I've flown with them, it was booked through my company. My company no longer does that shit. We'll pay the few extra dollars.
        My work trips are usually long flights, to shit ass nowhere towns. Luckily I book my own flights.

But for personal travel to places like New Orleans, OKC, Houston, etc; I'm perfectly ok with sitting on a cramped plane like Spirit for an hour or so. You're not really on it long enough for anything to get that annoying.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          Are you white? Do you like being white? Do you want to be treated white?

If yes to any of the above, Spirit may not be for you.
          He's whiter than sour cream.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

I'm platinum with AA but took Spirit to Orlando this summer as I had to pay for 4 tickets (wife and kids) all one way. I couldn't get crap with miles from AA and they were ridiculous with prices. It is what it is which is what Brent says - a budget airline. If you accept that going in, you'll be fine. My flight was not delayed for the record, and everything was normal with it. We checked 2 bags (for a fee) and got them about the same amount of time bags normally come out in Orlando. Considering I flew all 4 of us for under $800 when AA wanted north of $1500, I'd do it again and put the money in my pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
              The attendants are hoes... just sayin. That's gotta be worth something.
              Hoes flyin to different area codes

Comment

Do your homework. Figure out all the stuff you need to pay for and do it in advance, not at the airport the day you fly. I flew Spirit to Vegas and back a couple years ago (and Uber'd all over Vegas when it didn't even exist there yet), it wasn't that bad. The worst part is all the window lickers flipping out and causing a scene over the "extra" charges.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  Do your homework. Figure out all the stuff you need to pay for and do it in advance, not at the airport the day you fly. I flew Spirit to Vegas and back a couple years ago (and Uber'd all over Vegas when it didn't even exist there yet), it wasn't that bad. The worst part is all the window lickers flipping out and causing a scene over the "extra" charges.
                  This.

I flew using it and while I would never say it was great for a quick flight I saved $200. I had no problem and will use them again.
                  Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Fuck that airline. I've flown them once. Never again. "First free bag" means you can bring a backpack or purse as carry on. Anything larger and you get charged for it:

"In economy, carry-on $55, 1st checked $50. Advance purchase discount available."

Factor in all the bag fees. Now how cheap was it?

Virgin is always right around the cheapest, and isn't a fee gouging POS airline like Spirit. The planes are modern Airbus, the seats are great, you get your own TV, and service is awesome.

It's $129 one-way right now.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I'll repeat that if you pay everything upfront, it's not that bad.

I flew Spirit to NOLA earlier this year. Paid to check a bag, get an exit row, and alcohol. Still 20% less than American.

Flight was on time, and I only had two issues with "window lickers", but I'm happy with the overall outcome. I'd look into it again, but probably would not risk it if I were pressed for time.

Comment

The real problem with spirit is the lack of frequency of flights to your arriving airport. If the flight is canceled it is very difficult for them to get you to your destination. They usually just give you a refund ruining your trip especially if you always have limited time like I do.

AA and the other shitty airlines usually have enough flights to funnel people there. When I have already paid a lot of money on hotels, cars, and taking vacation time I don't like to gamble.
                        2006 Civic SI
                        2009 Pilot
                        1988 GT
                        CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

OP,

As you can see, there are mixed emotions when dealing with Spirit. lol

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                            OP,

As you can see, there are mixed emotions when dealing with Spirit. lol

Starting to gather that. Went and got a backpack that meets their "personal item" size, so I will avoid the bag fees. Provided they don't dick me over with delays or cancellations, I am good.

Comment

I've flown them twice and after the first time I said I'd never do it again. I just landed this morning from Vegas and it really wasn't that bad of a flight there or back.

What sucks about them is you have to pay for carry on or a checked bag, water/soda isn't free, and no wifi.
                              '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                              '13 Dodge Cummins
                              '14 Rubicon X

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                                I've flown them twice and after the first time I said I'd never do it again. I just landed this morning from Vegas and it really wasn't that bad of a flight there or back.

What sucks about them is you have to pay for carry on or a checked bag, water/soda isn't free, and no wifi.

Again, I am the guy that rode in a Kia Spectra for 17 hours one way. They could strap me on the wing of a biplane and it would be more comfortable.

Comment

Working...
                                X