What do you want for Christmas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jluv View Post
    This is incredibly difficult in my house. I'm addicted to Amazon, and buy just about anything I want (and even a bunch of crap I never wanted) right when I think of it or see it. There are a few large purchases that I just haven't made yet, but I wouldn't ask my old lady to spend that much. Sometimes she does anyway, so I try not to even tell her what those are, anymore. And then there is the fact that anything unique that she might come up with on her own, I would typically much rather do my own extensive research and pick out for myself. This frustrates the shit out of her, and I understand, but I don't like getting stuff that wouldn't be what I would have picked out, especially if it's something where now that I have one, it doesn't make sense to buy another that I really would want. A nice telescope, for example. I guess maybe that's what I want. BRB, headed to Amazon...
    That's an issue my wife and I have with getting each other gifts. She said this year we should just go out, buy for ourselves, mark it from the other and open it with a surprised face christmas morning.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Want to buy a nice RC baja truck for my kids, and get to play with it too.

New holster

Couple of upgrades for my mountain bike

That's about it.
      WRX

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
        What print do you want btw?
        It's called "Forest of Wells, Rigs and Derricks Crowd the Signal Hill Oil Fields"

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
          It's called "Forest of Wells, Rigs and Derricks Crowd the Signal Hill Oil Fields"

Whoa! feel like if I had that in my house and saw it every day, it would launch me into a deep depression. If I were to imagine what Hell looks like, that's pretty much spot on.

Comment

This is incredibly difficult in my house. I'm addicted to Amazon, and buy just about anything I want (and even a bunch of crap I never wanted) right when I think of it or see it. There are a few large purchases that I just haven't made yet, but I wouldn't ask my old lady to spend that much. Sometimes she does anyway, so I try not to even tell her what those are, anymore. And then there is the fact that anything unique that she might come up with on her own, I would typically much rather do my own extensive research and pick out for myself. This frustrates the shit out of her, and I understand, but I don't like getting stuff that wouldn't be what I would have picked out, especially if it's something where now that I have one, it doesn't make sense to buy another that I really would want. A nice telescope, for example. I guess maybe that's what I want. BRB, headed to Amazon...
            I typically do the same with amazon but have finally throttled back a bit after looking at just how much i was blowing through. I always have to slow down buying myself shit on the holidays to allow people easy gift ideas.

This year, im working on building up my collection of machining and fabrication equipment BEFORE i need it...and will use xmas to stockpile it.

Comment

Im sure a spare room out there is about the cost of a house out here ehh?
              Considering that we'll be looking to spend about double what we did on this place on a new house, I'd say yes. We'll be going from a modest, but small 3BR with 1600sqft to a 5BR at about 3,000sqft in a little nicer area, as soon as we can get the 20% saved up, maybe sooner if I can swing an 80/10/10.

Needless to say, I won't be spending money on myself for a while, other than the car if I can justify staying here longer for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                Considering that we'll be looking to spend about double what we did on this place on a new house, I'd say yes. We'll be going from a modest, but small 3BR with 1600sqft to a 5BR at about 3,000sqft in a little nicer area, as soon as we can get the 20% saved up, maybe sooner if I can swing an 80/10/10.

Needless to say, I won't be spending money on myself for a while, other than the car if I can justify staying here longer for it.
                Man im guessing the 20% you gotta save is about half the price of my house here lol.

Why 80/10/10 and not just 90/10? You can buy down mortgage insurance.

Comment

Man im guessing the 20% you gotta save is about half the price of my house here lol.

Why 80/10/10 and not just 90/10? You can buy down mortgage insurance.
                  Yeah, looking at saving up $120k or so, which'll buy a bedroom. I had to stop comparing the Sacramento and DFW housing markets, and how much farther the mortgage dollar goes in Texas, it can be downright depressing. I will, on the other hand, shop the bay area on occasion to feel better about our living situation. lol

I can look into the 90/10, but my wife is comfortable enough in the current house, that she doesn't want to move until we can cover the 20% without PMI. I have a feeling that will change once the baby is actually here though, with the in laws visiting often, and then even more so when she goes back to work teaching voice and piano from the house.

So to answer the OP, I want cash for Christmas, cold hard cash.

Comment

Whoa! feel like if I had that in my house and saw it every day, it would launch me into a deep depression. If I were to imagine what Hell looks like, that's pretty much spot on.
                    Lol I should have specified. Work office, not home office.

Comment

I just have an Amazon wishlist set-up with exactly what I want, and Lea can go in and pick the items she wants to buy me (whether or not she gets it from Amazon, she knows the specific brand and model I want)..

I bet that would work good for you guys. You just have to put yourself on an Amazon buying moratorium from now until Christmas, that way she can get you stuff before you buy it on your own! Maybe let her change the password to something you don't know, once your wish list is set up. lol

Oh, and remember, you need some backpacking stuff for our camping trip next summer!!

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        Yeah, looking at saving up $120k or so, which'll buy a bedroom. I had to stop comparing the Sacramento and DFW housing markets, and how much farther the mortgage dollar goes in Texas, it can be downright depressing. I will, on the other hand, shop the bay area on occasion to feel better about our living situation. lol

I can look into the 90/10, but my wife is comfortable enough in the current house, that she doesn't want to move until we can cover the 20% without PMI. I have a feeling that will change once the baby is actually here though, with the in laws visiting often, and then even more so when she goes back to work teaching voice and piano from the house.

So to answer the OP, I want cash for Christmas, cold hard cash.
                        Just show her how much less you can afford when interest rates go up lol.

And yeah we never realized how nice 4 bedrooms were until we moved away and people began to stay with us a lot. I still dont think wed need much more than the 2300 square feet we have unless we somehow had 2-3 kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post

I like it! I wanted either O&G, racing or firearm inspired art in the home office for awhile. Then i saw halliburtons patent walls and decided id rather hang up my own patent cover sheets. Thatll cover the O&G and firearm stuff, and be at least 20 solid barg points.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            I just have an Amazon wishlist set-up with exactly what I want, and Lea can go in and pick the items she wants to buy me (whether or not she gets it from Amazon, she knows the specific brand and model I want).. I bet that would work good for you guys.
                            Ya, I've done that in the past.

You just have to put yourself on an Amazon buying moratorium from now until Christmas, that way she can get you stuff before you buy it on your own!
                            That's the hard part.

Maybe let her change the password to something you don't know, once your wish list is set up. lol
                            Whoa, whoa, whoa! That's crazy talk. She would never let me back on. She's been trying to stage an intervention, as it is.

Oh, and remember, you need some backpacking stuff for our camping trip next summer!!
                            Great idea! Headed back to Amazon now...

Comment

Id like to get some ranch hand bumpers for my truck.

Comment

Working...
                              X