Chevy Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
    I was going to have Farmtruc Nelson do my next tune (San Antonio) or Houston House of Power. Both have many, many raving reviews.

Yes, turn off AFM asap....
    Bear with me for not being up on all the lingo. What's the AFM?
    Originally posted by Jester
    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
    He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
    Originally posted by Denny
    What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
    FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
      black bear did mine when they were in town doing tunes.
      Yes, they did my 2008 GMC Sierra and my 2010 Silverado, Justin does great work, just tough to get an appointment with that isn't 6 months out.

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        I'll have to look into what a leveling kit costs, they definitely look good with one and some bigger tires. I'll check the RPO tomorrow to see what gearing I have in this Tahoe, it has pretty solid get up and go, enough to throw you back in your seat but i'm curious to know the ratio.
        My leveling kits ran between $50-$100. Very economical. I prefer the tallest tire possible to fill as much of the wheel well possible when leveled. That typically equates to a 34"-34.3" tire so in my opinion 4.10s are perfect, buddy had 4.56s installed and I enjoyed driving his for a short ride.

I hate how you can't order a new truck from GM with 4.10s, heck can't even get 3.73s with the 6.2L in the crew cab 1500.

Comment

Here is a buddy's wife's Yukon leveled
          Last edited by SMKR; 11-07-2015, 11:56 PM.

Comment

Ive never looked to see what the gears ratios are but steeper would have been nice with these 6 speeds for sure.

afm-active fuel management or dod- displacement on demand

Mine never worked worth a damm, just to heavy to really use it effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by SMKR View Post
              Yes, they did my 2008 GMC Sierra and my 2010 Silverado, Justin does great work, just tough to get an appointment with that isn't 6 months out.
              Was it worth it?

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                Was it worth it?
                Every penny, turned off AFM, fixed the shift points and by the seat of the pants meter, really woke it up. Best bang for your buck mod imo.

Comment

I've got an 07 Avalanche that has been a great truck, minus the forward sprag going out recently, which seems to be a common issue with the 4l60. I love it and plan on getting the AFM tuned out shortly.

Comment

Any suggestions of where to get it tuned locally?
                    Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.

Comment

Congrats on the new ride. IMO the full sized SUVs are the best products coming out of GM these days.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                        Congrats on the new ride. IMO the full sized SUVs are the best products coming out of GM these days.
                        Thanks Rick, I feel like I can't drive it enough right now. My girl and I jumped in it this afternoon, put the windows down, turned on the music, and went cruising. Damn this thing is comfortable.

Comment

Bear with me for not being up on all the lingo. What's the AFM?
                          Active Fuel Management- sucks dong, especially if you have an aftermarket exhaust non-Corsa....the drone makes you want to poke your eyes out with straws

Comment

Any suggestions of where to get it tuned locally?
                            Man, the jury is still out on that one for me personally. I've had a few rec's but none overwhelming like the Nelson's or HHP. I keep hoping to find a good one but may end up taking a drive to get it done right. There are a lot of tuners, but a few legit ones from the research i've done.

Comment

Picked up an 09 Tahoe LT with 87k miles for a damn good price.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
                              That's a great looking Tahoe. I've always been a fan of that color. I picked it for one of my Chevy's a while back.

I'll hook you up on tint for the front windows. $349 for the leveling kit, installed. I'd suggest new wheels. Not because the stocks are bad, but because they are worth good money right now. You can almost name your price, and get it.

Matt

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                                That's a great looking Tahoe. I've always been a fan of that color. I picked it for one of my Chevy's a while back.

I'll hook you up on tint for the front windows. $349 for the leveling kit, installed. I'd suggest new wheels. Not because the stocks are bad, but because they are worth good money right now. You can almost name your price, and get it.

Matt
                                Are people out there looking to buy these specifically or do you have someone you sell used rims to? I need to find a place online to check out rims. Not really sure if I want to stick with 20's or go down to something like 18's.

Comment

Working...
                                X