Chevy Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BP View Post
    Yeah and it's only about $18k to replace the engine out of warranty. The cool thing though is that it's only around $4k to do the front or rear diff when they start making noise and that 8 speed Aisin transmission is only around $8k to repair if/when it has problems.

The good news is that they do actually use DEF so they aren't subject to the most recent VW TDI problems.
    Sounds like an all around glowing recommendation!

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      Yeah and it's only about $18k to replace the engine out of warranty. The cool thing though is that it's only around $4k to do the front or rear diff when they start making noise and that 8 speed Aisin transmission is only around $8k to repair if/when it has problems.

The good news is that they do actually use DEF so they aren't subject to the most recent VW TDI problems.
      I find it quite interesting that a company that started with a very simple car that was cheap, reliable, and so popular that parts were available at your local department store now produces one of the most complicated and expensive to maintain line of cars on the planet/
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 2011GT View Post
        I rented a new one for a week just this last week. I thought it was junk. Had a lot of power though. The week before I rented a new explorer and it was 10x better.
        I rented a Suburban earlier this year and thought it was the most underpowered slug I've ever driven. It would barely make it up and over some of the mountain passes. Merging onto the highway was scary, and forget about passing anyone. Surprisingly, for as big as they are, the interior is anything but roomy for a big guy like myself.

Bleh.

OP, have you checked out the Toyota Sequoia? I'm in one now for a rental, and it's better in every way, except maybe the looks department.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
          I rented a Suburban earlier this year and thought it was the most underpowered slug I've ever driven. It would barely make it up and over some of the mountain passes. Merging onto the highway was scary, and forget about passing anyone. Surprisingly, for as big as they are, the interior is anything but roomy for a big guy like myself.

Bleh.

OP, have you checked out the Toyota Sequoia? I'm in one now for a rental, and it's better in every way, except maybe the looks department.
          Like I told you a couple months ago, your basis of comparison on power levels is all out of whack because of your 1000HP Monster Truck! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Like I told you a couple months ago, your basis of comparison on power levels is all out of whack because of your 1000HP Monster Truck! lol
            that, or the rental fleet spec suburban came with a 3.08 rear gear?
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              Good point.. The Tahoe we had had plenty of power, and we went over some of the same passes. Not sure of the weight or gearing differences they may have had. I will say that the pedal was much more firm that my '05 (which is the very springy kind). You had to use a good amount of force to push it down.

I hated the current body style when they came out, but after renting that Tahoe, I am really starting to want one.

Maybe in a few years when they cost $20k used, vs $50k+ for a new one.

Comment

I'd probably keep the factory wheels, but I'd be happy with something like this:

Comment

Wife has a Yukon Denali. 6.2 and AWD. I'll steal it from her when she wants a newer one.

Fit and Finish is on par with most other GM stuff. We have no complaints. The leather is perfect with 52k on it. (My silverado is black leather as well and I just hit 115k; it's still perfect except for the expected bolster wear which is only lines at this point. No cracking or Tearing)

5.3 is fine if it's got the right gear ratio and stockish size tires/wheels.

6.2 is mo betta. I won't own anything without one again unless I go back to a diesel for myself.

Higher trim levels equal more gadets which can cause electrical problems. We had to replace our ground cable under warranty. Otherwise it's been a great truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    Bah! Tiff's 4Runner with the 4.7 still feels quick to me, and the Sequoia I am in now with the 5.7 feels really good for such a boat.

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                    Maybe that was it, but it just felt extremely underpowered. Maybe there was actually something wrong with the one I had.

Comment

Bah! Tiff's 4Runner with the 4.7 still feels quick to me, and the Sequoia I am in now with the 5.7 feels really good for such a boat.
                      Yeah, but you are at about 500' elevation right now vs 5,000+ when you were in the Suburban.

And a Suburban weighs a good 1k lbs more than the 4Runner.

Comment

Wife has an '07 and loves it. It's been a great vehicle. No issues at all.

Comment

Maybe that was it, but it just felt extremely underpowered. Maybe there was actually something wrong with the one I had.
                          The rental I had was actually a GMC so maybe it had a 6.2 instead of the 5.3?

Comment

We have an 08, it's been rock solid but a turd with the 4.8. It can't pull a greasy string out of a cats ass.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                              The Displacement on Demand crap does have a tendency to cause oiling issues.
                              What's this everyone has been referring to?
                              Originally posted by Jester
                              Every time you see the fucking guy....show him your fucking dick.. Just whip out your hawg and wiggle it in his direction, put it away, call him a fuckin meatgazer, shoot him the bird and go inside.
                              He will spend the rest of the day wondering if he is gay.
                              Originally posted by Denny
                              What the fuck ever, you fucking fragile faggot.
                              FORGTN SOLD1ER - xbox gamer

Comment

It removes oil from the lifters and shoots it up on to the bottom of the Pistons which causes oil burning issues. There are fixes for it and or just tune it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X