Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is trick or treating a thing of the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
    Same here.

Our little hood turns into a Halloween block party after the kids stop trick or treating. Lots of beer and good times were had last night.
    So many people were out, I know where I am taking Lane next year.

Comment

Originally posted by silverranger View Post
      So many people were out, I know where I am taking Lane next year.
      Damn right!

Comment

We had zero kids come by for the first year.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

we had about 30 kids this year, which is way less than what i expected.

Comment

We have 100's of kids come by every year. There's so many kids walking down the street that you cant drive. We buy more and more candy every year and within an hour were out of candy.

Comment

There are waiti g for the Blue Bell icecream today that why there were no kid trick r treating

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                All of these community and/or church carnivals are taking over. My kids went to the Cowboy Church and got free hot dogs, drinks, popcorn, snow cones, tons of candy, cupcakes, hay ride, bounce houses, horse rides, mechanical bull rides, games, etc. We spent about 2 hours there and came home with a ton of candy each, cakes won at the cakewalk, toys, stuffed animals and full bellies.

One-stop shop, right there.
                This. I saw maybe 3 families walking our street this year.

We stopped giving though, as two years in a row it was mainly just teenagers who didn't even dress up. I ain't giving to them, as was about the kids.
                "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Kids seem to get shipped into our neighborhood. It was packed till about 8:45ish.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    Kids seem to get shipped into our neighborhood. It was packed till about 8:45ish.
                    I stopped giving when I lived near downtown Fort Worth because of that nonsense. I'd watch vans and suburbans unload kids like a clown car. I'm there to support the local kids that live in neighborhood, not the rest of Fort Worth. Go Trick or Treat in your own area!
                    "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Our neighborhood was packed as usual. It was fun. We don't usually give out candy because we're out with the kiddo.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        I stopped giving when I lived near downtown Fort Worth because of that nonsense. I'd watch vans and suburbans unload kids like a clown car. I'm there to support the local kids that live in neighborhood, not the rest of Fort Worth. Go Trick or Treat in your own area!
                        Yes

Comment

We took our son to see his birth mother on Halloween, so I left a bowl full of candy on a chair in front of our door with a note to help themselves.

Half the bowl was still left when we returned that night.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                            We took our son to see his birth mother on Halloween, so I left a bowl full of candy on a chair in front of our door with a note to help themselves.

Half the bowl was still left when we returned that night.
                            Someone on Reddit put a bowl out like that, and their security cameras caught all the kids coming up, taking a piece or two. Then one child walked up, took 4-5 pieces, and his 400lb mother wiped out the entire bowl.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

link?

Comment

Originally posted by BradM
                                But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                                Originally posted by Leah
                                In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X