Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is trick or treating a thing of the past?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am in the M streets and it is dead here. I went to the Castle Hills development in Lewisville around 8pm and it was over run with kids; like hundreds of them.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
      I am in the M streets and it is dead here. I went to the Castle Hills development in Lewisville around 8pm and it was over run with kids; like hundreds of them.
      how many did you consume?
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        Castle Hills development in Lewisville around 8pm and it was over run with kids; like hundreds of them.
        you should have stopped by.

god bless.
        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

It is very hit or miss, we got about five stops total.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Most of America is fat already, why make it worse handing candy out?

Comment

We saw maybe 10 kids total in 2 hours. My kids had to go back to the house to drop off candy twice. One house we stopped at said they hadn't had anyone come by in 2 years.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

We had a shitload of kids.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  We had a shitload of kids.
                  Same here.

Our little hood turns into a Halloween block party after the kids stop trick or treating. Lots of beer and good times were had last night.

Comment

Our neighborhood was beyond packed...

Comment

My first house i moved out of a few years ago was always packed. We handed out full candy bars, kids would remember us year to year.
                      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                        We handed out full candy bars
                        We came across a house last night that was doing that, but he was quizzing the kids on anything from pop culture to science, math to geography, and even "you name the subject"... It was awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by whitetrash View Post
                          We might have had 10 kids come by. I live a block from a school in an area with lots of kids
                          You live over by me somewhere in Watauga. 10 years still no trick or treaters.
                          2006 Civic SI
                          2009 Pilot
                          1988 GT
                          CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

I have become too much of a curmudgeon to have any interest in Halloween.

Comment

We had a lot of kids. It's been steady the 3 years we've been here.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                                how many did you consume?
                                I did not keep count but I was not feeling well this morning so it must have been quite a few.

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                                you should have stopped by.

god bless.
                                I was under the impression that you lived on the other side of Lewisville. I was at a house on Lady of the Lake Blvd. You near there?
                                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                                X