UPS SurePost/FedEx SmartPost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UPS SurePost/FedEx SmartPost

Why is this even a thing? Why not just ship USPS?

I've had several packages shipped these methods, and they always take 2-3 days extra than they would just getting delivered by ups/fedex. In this case, it was estimated delivery date of 10/28, now it's going to be monday-ish...

Is this something to leave less than perfect feedback for on ebay?
    Last edited by Baron Von Crowder; 10-30-2015, 09:07 AM.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Why would you use UPS over USPS?

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
      I dont, but Im waiting for a package. I bought valve springs out of cali that should be in my mailbox, sent USPS express from cali, it's two days. This was shipped out of arizona, and *should* have been a 3 day transit, but it's been in DFW for two days, today being handed off to USPS.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Judging by the date you posted... I think it came super early!

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
          Judging by the date you posted... I think it came super early!
          fixed!

Comment

amazon does this a ton since its cheaper. All the companies are starting to do this for low priority ground shipments during the holidays.

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
              amazon does this a ton since its cheaper. All the companies are starting to do this for low priority ground shipments during the holidays.
              yeah, it's hard to bitch if it's free, but most of the time, you either pay full pop for the option to get it shipped expedited, instead of the option to just pay the difference. Given the option of "hey, you want the cheapest, slowest fucking shipping we can find, or would you like to pay the difference to get it there in a reasonable timeframe?" I would pay the difference. I cant stand the handoff that slows it down a few days to save a buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                yeah, it's hard to bitch if it's free, but most of the time, you either pay full pop for the option to get it shipped expedited, instead of the option to just pay the difference. Given the option of "hey, you want the cheapest, slowest fucking shipping we can find, or would you like to pay the difference to get it there in a reasonable timeframe?" I would pay the difference. I cant stand the handoff that slows it down a few days to save a buck.
                if your prime they will guarantee it by a certain date once in a while mine is late and they just give me 3-5 bucks in credit.

Comment

Fuck paying for shipping, get the Corvette-plane car thing, fix it, then go pick it up yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by 03mustangdude View Post
                    if your prime they will guarantee it by a certain date once in a while mine is late and they just give me 3-5 bucks in credit.
                    Ebay doesnt do prime son!

But i will say Prime has restored my faith in USPS and i try to use them almost exclusively

Comment

Optimus?

I use prime more and more, it's just too easy. Sometimes it doesn't get to me until 8pm but it's still there on the day that was promised.

Comment

It's a lot cheaper and you can get Saturday delivery for free, which might make it faster depending on the situation. UPS and Fedex charge a ton for Saturday delivery, the USPS has trucks out anyway so it's included.

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          Optimus?

I use prime more and more, it's just too easy. Sometimes it doesn't get to me until 8pm but it's still there on the day that was promised.
                          And Sunday delivery!

Comment

We ship some of our product through Surepost, and if something goes missing or is damaged, we cannot file a claim.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Why would you use USPS over UPS? I can't stand when shit gets sent USPS.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X