Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you tell your significant other.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
    Good luck with whatever you do OP. Sounds like there is a lot of experience and advice chiming in.

We have been married 7 years now and there has been rough times throughout.

I tend to keep track or pay close attention to the ebbs and flows of our relationship. I have come to the conclusion our happiness is closely related to our money situation. It completely stresses both of us out and we take it out on each other. But like most things, that is a cyclical issue.

Also, that red river cycle comes around and every hurtful thing she says in that time period runs off my back.

Pun intended?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
      You were underage back then!
      No shit, what was he like 9 yrs old...
      Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Also, that red river cycle comes around and every hurtful thing she says in that time period runs off my back.
      See thats bullshit, its her cycle not yours. She needs to take some pain relief or Pamprin medicine to help her cope. No need to be a flaming bitch when its her cycle, she need to take that up with God. I have never understood that shit, my wife and I have an agreement, she lets me know when its her cycle and I try and not be around and it helps me not talk about certain subjects that could start an argument.

Another thing that has helped our relationship is to not fight about money or kids, but they tend to sometimes involve both unfortunately.
      Originally posted by Silverback
      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAILBLAZER View Post
        It's not you, it's me ..
        No no. It's definitely you.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
          Nut up, you made her a promise years ago that you'd stick with her thru thick and thin. There's plenty of other shit to try to spice it up, keep trying. If my marriage fails it won't be because of me not trying.

Edit: unless she's cheating
          I get what you're saying, but marriage is tough. I hit 16 years this year, and we've had some really high ups and really low downs. This past summer was the closest we came in a long time to calling it quits. My time is damn near non-existent, as is her's, and we both seem to be on edge. One of the terrible things about law school is that you change, drastically. People that you have known for a long time don't understand you, you begin to do everything at the same level you study, i.e., everything becomes a binge (studying, sleeping, working out, eating, drinking, etc.). Balance seemingly disappears and the world shifts.

On top of that, I'm an asshole, always have been. I couldn't blame my wife if she threw a deuce and walked out, I understand it, if for no other reason than I've been taught to analyse all sides of an argument. She is seriously a saint, but that doesn't keep me from being me. So yes, while we made a commitment, the terms of the deal changed. I hope we survive, but at this point, I can't guarantee it and recognize that at the end of the day, I may become part of a much larger statistic as I chase down what I think would make me happy while potentially pushing away what I know makes me happy.

Comment

Well that sucks, Sean. Hopefully it will work out broham. The prize is worth the sacrifice.
            Originally posted by Silverback
            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Well that sucks, Sean. Hopefully it will work out broham. The prize is worth the sacrifice.
              I'm ass deep at this point. I have to finish. Ultimately, I think we'll be fine, I just don't have the time to work on it, which only exacerbates the issues. The moment a semester ends and I can breathe, we tend to balance out really fast, it's just the 15-17 weeks in between that are a dumpster fire.

...And if does leave, I'm taking a job prosecuting traffic tickets in a small jurisdiction making $32,500 a year as a big giant "fuck you". And once finalized, then I'll go make cash

Comment

how do you know when someone is in law school?

Comment

Bang!

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                    Bang!
                    Where?
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      Yeah yeah, but it's relevant to what I was trying to paint. At least it isn't crossfit.

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                        Lol, I meant to post that.
                        2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                          Where?
                          Lmao!!

Comment

Working...
                          X