When vaping goes boom...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When vaping goes boom...

A Florida man is in a coma after an electronic cigarette exploded in his face.

21-year-old Evan Spahlinger's sister was in another room with her 2-year-old when she heard an explosion.

She rushed in to find her brother not breathing with his face and neck burned.

"They said he has internal and external burns and damage to his lungs from the explosion itself and possibly the mouth piece went, when the cigarette exploded it went down his throat and exploded again," Ema Richardson says.

Spahlinger was rushed to a Tampa hospital and then flown to Miami for treatment.

Fire officials say the explosion was likely caused by the lithium battery inside the device but the exact cause of the incident remains under investigation.

There is a pic of the actual e-cig just in case any of you hipsters have one...

Ouch. That fella is in bad shape.

Nooooooooo... Skidmark.....Noooooooo

Comment

This, dear friends, is why YOU DON'T MODIFY ELECTRONICS THAT GO IN YOUR MOUTHS.

Darwin award. I bet he looked like a fucking Prince video every time he did it.

Comment

its a sad day when a cigarette is the safer choice.

Comment

What's sad is a lot of the douches that vape do it to look cool. I would bet quite a few don't even smoke.

Comment

Vaping is the gayest fucking shit.
            Fedora for your mouth.
            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

A guy I know was showing everyone how he could make a "vape tornado".

He's an idiot

Comment

Id rather people vape than smoke cigarettes.. the smell of bananas and cinnamon is way better than the smell of burnt tobacco
                "PSH!!!"

Comment

It's personal preference and like smoking you just have to be considerate. It's not difficult, but with all the kids doing it...

I'm not going to stop because some people whine about it though.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

The stereotyping is strong here, have some of you even left Dallas in the last 10 years?

Comment

I have never understood the colossal backlash on this site against vaping. Who gives a fuck.
                      Originally posted by lincolnboy
                      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                        I have never understood the colossal backlash on this site against vaping. Who gives a fuck.
                        I think because vaping was originally intended to ween a smoker off cigs. Now, even non-smokers do it because they think it's the shit. I've never understood it unless you are really trying to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by robray5.0 View Post
                          I've never understood it unless you are really trying to quit.
                          As a smoker, I agree. Makes no sense to pick up a habit you've been just fine without for your entire adult life.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by robray5.0 View Post
                            Now, even non-smokers do it because they think it's the shit.
                            Otherwise known as the same reason why most people started smoking in the last 40 years.

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            As a smoker, I agree. Makes no sense to pick up a habit you've been just fine without for your entire adult life.
                            Nicotine is not a super bad stimulant for people that need the energy or need a hunger suppressant that's readily available. I've never smoked, but understand why some people need it.

Comment

Originally posted by built2layframe View Post
                              its a sad day when a cigarette is the safer choice.
                              hey stranger.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
                              X