Business casual attrire, what brand???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pro88LX View Post
    cotton or wool only for me. the poly blend pants you have will not breathe well and they cling to you and its terrible. stay away from synthetic fibers in general. youll spend more for natural fiber stuff but it will last way longer too.
    This!
    /thread

David

Comment

If they allow golf shirts then Calloway is my favorite. I have to shop at Big and Tall stores, and most of them have shit for inventory, but The Foundry was like heaven for a big guy like me. Unfortunately, they have closed their stores, and have been absorbed into JC Penney. I haven't been yet, but I imagine they will have the same stuff. My point being that you may be able to find regular-sized Calloway golf shirts at JC Penney, too. They aren't cheap ($80-ish per shirt), but worth every penny, especially if you can get them on sale. I love buying shit online, but be careful, because even what appears to be the same style of shirt and the same size, may not fit the same. Always best to try them on.

As for pants, I like most of the brands offered at Dillard's. Daniel Cremieux, Roundtree and York, Perry Ellis, etc.

Good luck!

Comment

J Crew

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
          I'll be in the Infrastructure Middleware team, for credit cards. Funny thing is, they use the software I've been supporting their Service Requests on for the last 10 years. I was a shoe in for the job. Like many others, I'll have a title of V.P. LOL.
          Gotcha, you at Royal Lane or the big campus off 635?

Originally posted by Big A View Post
          Yeah, some companies do tend to hand that title out like halloween candy.
          Yep.. When I was a first line Supervisor at Citi I was an Assistant Vice President. I mean, it wasn't an entry level supervisor job or anything, I had 16 exempt employees (audit analysts) under me, but still. I was also on the Commercial side, and don't think the consumer side (like Credit Card) Supervisors were AVPs. Of course, they supervised $10 an hour call center employees..

By the time I was laid off from GE (Citi sold us to them) I was a VP there too. District Sales Managers were all VP's. I remember giving my card to a client once and he said "Oh, another VP.. Are all of you guys VP's over there?".. Yep!

VP titles there didn't mean much until you hit Senior VP or Executive VP.

Comment

This whole conversation really makes me glad to be in the industry I am. Dressing up means jeans instead of shorts, and a polo instead of a T-shirt, and that's only if it's for a client meeting.

Being in a creative field means that I actually get points for being a 40 year old man with earrings instead of being looked at as a dirtbag. lol

All that said, I do appreciate nice, expensive things, but more on a conceptual level. The important, daily use things (technology, for example) get money thrown at them. Otherwise it's more about comfort, and it's fun to dress like a 15 year old.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
              This whole conversation really makes me glad to be in the industry I am. Dressing up means jeans instead of shorts, and a polo instead of a T-shirt, and that's only if it's for a client meeting.

Being in a creative field means that I actually get points for being a 40 year old man with earrings instead of being looked at as a dirtbag. lol

All that said, I do appreciate nice, expensive things, but more on a conceptual level. The important, daily use things (technology, for example) get money thrown at them. Otherwise it's more about comfort, and it's fun to dress like a 15 year old.
              While not quite that casual, I feel you.. I've been at my current place 6.5 years and it's always been jeans, and shorts on fridays. All of our other offices (Houston, NY, Toronto) are Business Casual, so some of the senior leaders have been pushing to change us to it as well, but we have been resisting. My boss (in Houston) did tell me no more shorts a couple months ago.. I was bummed about that.

They also quit letting us drink in the office last year.. I miss that. It was nice to be able to have a cocktail towards the end of the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                They also quit letting us drink in the office last year.. I miss that. It was nice to be able to have a cocktail towards the end of the day.
                Screw that. The kegerator and scotch selection are integral to business.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                  lmao stop trying to hook me up with jobs!
                  You gotta pay for the baby, all those cars, I'm just trying to help!
                  Last edited by yellowstang; 10-22-2015, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                    While not quite that casual, I feel you.. I've been at my current place 6.5 years and it's always been jeans, and shorts on fridays. All of our other offices (Houston, NY, Toronto) are Business Casual, so some of the senior leaders have been pushing to change us to it as well, but we have been resisting. My boss (in Houston) did tell me no more shorts a couple months ago.. I was bummed about that.

Ditto, we used to be able to wear shorts, but they axed it a few years back. When bought a couple companies that shorts were allowed in, so they allowed it gain for a year or so before axing again. I'm told idiots couldnt understand dressing nicely in shorts; and cut off blue jeans and gym shorts arent acceptable, so we all had to stop. My daily attire is jeans and either a t or polo.
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Jeans, polo, and sneakers here and it's nice. I was full suit and tie everyday at the gig before this one and it blew. Buying 3 suits for a gig that lasted 6 months sucked even worse ... fuck that place.
                      Last edited by slow99; 10-21-2015, 11:26 AM.
                      Originally posted by davbrucas
                      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                      X