No announcement yet.

Business casual attrire, what brand???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Van Heusen I think is who makes the traveler style of shirts which are all no-iron wrinkle resistant blah blah blah. Got nothing but good things to say about the shirts.

Comment

Who the fuck requires business casual anymore? I really hate this states tech market, if I ever lose my job I'd move back to California faster than i would dress up business casual. The sad thing is business casual here isnt even business casual, its more like Kenneth Cole casual. I'm getting pissed off just thinking about this, thanks rob.

Comment

I've been wearing jeans and polos during summer for 10 1/2 years. I'll wear slacks when I have a big meeting or when the occasion calls for it. My boss came down on us all a few months ago and said we are professionals and need to look like it. No jeans anymore.

Nevermind that I spend most of my day in and out of buildings under construction, disgusting kitchens, and often have to crawl around on the greasy nasty floors and dusty, dirty job sites. I've ruined 6 pairs of slacks since him instituting this retarded dress code. His solution? Keep jeans and boots in your vehicle. Nevermind that a LOT of the jobsites I'm on are new schools, school remodels, etc. I'm sure the local school resource officers won't frown upon me stripping and changing in the parking lot/truck.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I've been wearing jeans and polos during summer for 10 1/2 years. I'll wear slacks when I have a big meeting or when the occasion calls for it. My boss came down on us all a few months ago and said we are professionals and need to look like it. No jeans anymore.

Nevermind that I spend most of my day in and out of buildings under construction, disgusting kitchens, and often have to crawl around on the greasy nasty floors and dusty, dirty job sites. I've ruined 6 pairs of slacks since him instituting this retarded dress code. His solution? Keep jeans and boots in your vehicle. Nevermind that a LOT of the jobsites I'm on are new schools, school remodels, etc. I'm sure the local school resource officers won't frown upon me stripping and changing in the parking lot/truck.
          When I was at OPS, we had polo's to wear, but had to wear slacks. I ruined a few pair in dusty dirty body shops, or had them get ripped moving parts around. I was in East texas, and got one pair filthy, and snagged the other on the cross dock on a part, so I didnt have any choice (other than to go buy a pair) than to put on the jeans I brought. I had several customers comment that they felt more comfortable talking with me in jeans. I tried like hell to convince management to allow it on the out of town routes, but they refused. I still did it every now and again.
          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

knee and elbow pads

Comment

I wear a dark wranglers (non nut hugging) instead of slacks. It drives my boss fucking nuts, but I'm pretty sure he irons his underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                My little brother works at Zappos in Las Vegas. You can literally wear whatever you want... even to the open bar on the 3rd floor. He keeps begging me to take a job in Risk Management with them. He said I'll never look at the workplace the same again. He lives just a few blocks from the offices and the owner lives right across the street from him. In a travel trailer. The guy is worth billions and walks to the office from a trailer, in cut-offs and flip flops.
                That whole "Holacracy" is a shit show and a joke. From people I know there everyone is looking to get the fuck out of dodge.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Bezos gives Tony a long leash but I'm not sure how much longer that continues.
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

I have to wear business casual for my job but stop wearing khakis because they get too dirty crawling around aircraft. I now wear black slacks and polo shirts. I have my wife buy my clothes she usually buys at marshals or TJ max.
                    07 GT500
                    05 SRT10
                    88 turbocoupe T-bird
                    93 Cobra
                    86 coupe
                    Ducati 848

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                      Grats on the new gig! Where you working now?
                      Thanks! at Citi Group in 2 weeks.

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                      Who the fuck requires business casual anymore? I really hate this states tech market, if I ever lose my job I'd move back to California faster than i would dress up business casual. The sad thing is business casual here isnt even business casual, its more like Kenneth Cole casual. I'm getting pissed off just thinking about this, thanks rob.
                      No problem! Want me to have Amazon call you back?

Comment

I wear fishing shirts, jeans, and Top Siders to the office 90% of the time. Occasionally I'll class it up with a Dell polo instead of a fishing shirt. And that rare occassion I have a customer meeting onsite I'll throw on the Jos. A Bank special and dress to impress.

However when I travel to a customer for meetings, I'm always in slacks and a sports coat, rarely a tie, unless asked to wear one by leadership.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                          Thanks! at Citi Group in 2 weeks.

Congrats!

I worked for them for a few years.. Which business?

BTW, when I was there, most of us from Management and above wore slacks and button-up shirts (closer to business attire than business casual).

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
                            Congrats!

I worked for them for a few years.. Which business?

BTW, when I was there, most of us from Management and above wore slacks and button-up shirts (closer to business attire than business casual).
                            I'll be in the Infrastructure Middleware team, for credit cards. Funny thing is, they use the software I've been supporting their Service Requests on for the last 10 years. I was a shoe in for the job. Like many others, I'll have a title of V.P. LOL.

Comment

Yeah, some companies do tend to hand that title out like halloween candy.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
                                lmao stop trying to hook me up with jobs!

Comment

Working...
                                X