Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scaffolding collapse in Houston just now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scaffolding collapse in Houston just now...

OSHA is going to have a field day with this... Hopefully there are survivors.

HOUSTON - Houston firefighters are on the scene of*a huge scaffolding collapse at an apartment complex on Crawford at Congress.

"" style="border: 0px; vertical-align: bottom;">

The collapse happened at a construction site across*from Minute Maid Park in downtown Houston.

Views from Air 11 showed workers trapped under the massive pile of scaffolding.

We've seen three workers taken out on stretchers. KHOU 11 News reporter Alice Barr said all three appeared to be conscious.

The Houston Fire Department believes*at least four people were trapped in the collapse.

"I heard the crash and heard yelling and saw other workers running, I guess to rescue the workers," said one witness.

Another witness said it sounded like an avalanche.

"We ran over as soon as we heard it, it sounded like a bunch of boulders," the*witness told KHOU 11 News.

HFD crews were on the scene within three minutes of the collapse and they have more than 30 units involved in the rescue effort.

The twisted pile of metal stretches at least a block on Crawford and Congress.

WATCH LIVE:*KHOU 11 News coverage*

"We're trying to identify who was hurt, but no one has any documents."
    sigpic

Comment

pick up sticks !

Comment

Holy crap that is alot of scaffolding to collapse!
        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

2nd Major Collapse at Minute Maid this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
            2nd Major Collapse at Minute Maid this week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god bless.
            Lol!

Comment

Holy shit. Looks like World of Goo when you built the tower too tall and without enough support.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                Wow. I can't wait to see the investigation report on that one.

And bravo, Paul!
                And, the JSEA, and the scaffolding certs, and the rescue plan..

When I was in the Canary Islands working on a Transocean Rig, all our shit was in order for working safe. Then you had the Spaniard dock mechanics and scaffolding crews building scaffolding at amazing speeds that reached from the dock to the top of the rig, with all of us climbing it every day. I saw the "supervisor" signing off on the daily inspection tag quite a few times without ever inspecting it.

Comment

Is OSHA only going to show if there is a fatality?! All I know is if there was a fatality all construction ceased and gang boxes were locked and secured. Then all would disappear until the dust had settled.

Comment

Osha can shut down work if they show up and see unsafe stuff, and they do it all the time. If they were working on the Minute Maid Park, surely someone reputable had oversight, and they were permitted, etc...

I would think they could show up after the fact and start writing up near miss incident type stuff, etc..

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      "We're trying to identify who was hurt, but no one has any documents."
                      Well then the best place for them, is probably a hospital in the southernmost reaches of mexico. I mean just so they can get the best care. Or just dumped out somewhere.
                      WH

Comment

Minute Maid is about 1/4 mile from my office, choppers have been overhead all day.
                        2016 Chevrolet SS 6M

Comment

Chinese use fucking bamboo, but our manufactured stuff fails.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                            Chinese use fucking bamboo, but our manufactured stuff fails.
                            It would fail as well if a vehicle ran into the scaffolding... At least that's what they are saying.

Comment

It's most likely the laborers fault. It's pretty hard to screw up scaffolding unless you ignored all the obvious signs. More reasons why 8.00hr laborers arent such a good idea.

I've seen scaffolding get hit by a buss and still stay up.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X