Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Real estate, property management, an opportunity....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    Isn't paying for school losing money to develop skills you need?
    First, thats a pretty bad comparison. This is more like throwing money in the stock market without knowing how it really works. And this stock market has a lot of possible skeletons in the closet.

School is more like taking the slow99 approach and learning how to make money off of something youre passionate about then going balls deep.

Second, I never said dont try it, i said dont expect to make money off it on your first go.

Comment

Why put your money into it? Just ask the old lady if you can manage it, ask her if she has any money to put into it to improve the leasing potential.

Unless you have an equity stake in the property, you stand to lose everything you invest very easily. Unless the upside is huge on your sublet opportunity then it doesn't justify the risk in my opinion.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

There is a reason why it isnt being leased out, pure laziness is probably not it. If there was a dollar to be made, someone would be trying to do it already. Good luck though, never know till you ask. I would do what BJohnny said, limit your exposure and just offer to manage it if you can take a cut of the profits after what you put into is returned, at the very least you'll have more information to bargain with instead of showing all your cards from over eagerness.

Comment

I wanna float this...

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
            Why put your money into it? Just ask the old lady if you can manage it, ask her if she has any money to put into it to improve the leasing potential.

Unless you have an equity stake in the property, you stand to lose everything you invest very easily. Unless the upside is huge on your sublet opportunity then it doesn't justify the risk in my opinion.

When you broad runs the show...

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
              When you broad runs the show...
              Ha! Not MY old lady. He is referring to the property owner, but I like the way you think.

Comment

I riot to log out of my lincoldboy ackont

Comment

Have you asked svo?
                  I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Renting rented property out seems like a fast way to fail. Property management is likely a better idea, and a lot of times any updates are left to the tenant.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      Renting rented property out seems like a fast way to fail. Property management is likely a better idea, and a lot of times any updates are left to the tenant.
                      And that may be another way I could approach it as a property manager I suppose.

Comment

This sounds like a lose/lose all the way around. Not worth the hassle on any front.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          I don't do business with friends. I don't make friends with those I do business. I wish it didn't have to be that way, but once you get friendly, they are more apt to put you on a back burner or let things slide figuring you'll be more patient.
                          What sucks is when they get all butthurt that you won't do business with them, or stick your neck out for them. When all they've ever done is prove they're incredibly irresponsible with money. Ok sorry rant over

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                          Ahh i see so you do have a little real estate experience..
                          You're an idiot.

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                          And that may be another way I could approach it as a property manager I suppose.
                          Thought about just buying the place and then leasing it out? It sounds like you may be able to get a good deal on it, given the condition of the building. I like talking about this stuff because I want to be a real estate investor as well.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by gasser64 View Post
                            thought about just buying the place and then leasing it out? It sounds like you may be able to get a good deal on it, given the condition of the building. I like talking about this stuff because i want to be a real estate investor as well.

Originally posted by frank View Post
                            the owners do not want to sell this building or split up the property as i understand there is some grandfathering of some kind of benefit that allows them to continue their business.
                            Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            you're an idiot.
                            ^^^

Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                            X