Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So who is responsible for a driveway leading up to retail spaces?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So who is responsible for a driveway leading up to retail spaces?

Everyone has been avoiding this pothole that keeps growing and growing on a street/driveway into a retail space. Its situated between a cvs and sonic and leads into an area adjacent to a walmart with other shop spaces to rent out.

Earlier this year I emailed fort worth and was told its not a street so its not there responsibility. Talked to the manager of the cvs and he says the parcel doesn't include that street/driveway. Called sonic and they said the same thing.

This thing has gotten massive and i hit it dead center today and bent a rim. Anyone find me the owner of 9700 legacy dr fort worth tx 76108

Pretty much doubled now turns into a 1 lane road in and out.

My guess is the owner of the property is going to tell you tough luck.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
      My guess is the owner of the property is going to tell you tough luck.
      That's like the construction trucks that say stay back 200 ft not responsible for damage, letter seeking solution before small claim filing got me a new windshield.

Comment

I read a news story about a guy who would draw penises around pot holes to get the city to come fix them.

It is the property owner who is responsible, most likely a corporate entity. A smart manager would fill it with a bag of gravel or something in the mean time, that being said the burger king in the colony has a 3 foot hole in the middle of it for about 6 months

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
          I read a news story about a guy who would draw penises around pot holes to get the city to come fix them.

It is the property owner who is responsible, most likely a corporate entity. A smart manager would fill it with a bag of gravel or something in the mean time, that being said the burger king in the colony has a 3 foot hole in the middle of it for about 6 months
          lol, there was one near my office that someone spray-painted "FIX THIS SHIT" in 5ft. letters near it. It was fixed within a week of that.

Comment

Thats the property owners problem. If there are any buildings in that parking lot for lease (retail spaces) call the number and talk to the property manager. Or you could try and look it up on the tax appraisal district and find the owner of the property.

Those types of fixes should come out of the common area maintenance charges all the businesses pay.

Comment

spray painted penis seems like the best option IMO
              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Penis is the only solution
                Originally posted by Buzzo
                Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

If you spray paint a wiener there, it will get fixed or you can at least have the pleasure of asking whomever comes out to clean it up who they work for... it'll narrow your search a bunch. Sounds like a win-win.
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

yup, draw the dick

Comment

So, that's 5 schlongs. Your choice is clear.
                      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

If it is the one there off Clifford. There are some gypsies running around that could fix that.

Or you could have some concrete mix ready. Drive by at about 2am on a Tuesday. One quick pour and a well placed orange cone. Your problem is solved.

Comment

Either draw the gentleman sausage or find the property owner on tad.org. But I have a feeling they will tell you its not their problem.

Comment

Wasn't the street there before all the businesses were? I was thinking when we moved to Fort Worth in 2004. That street went back to where the stop sign is (behind Sonic). Of course back then there was nothing around there except open land on that side of Clifford.

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                              I love innovative solutions. Link to the story?

I assume he just spray painted the penises on the ground, as though they were about to penetrate the pothole?
                              WH

Comment

Working...
                              X