No announcement yet.

El Faro lost at sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apparently, the captain has never heard of a "weather report". Why on Earth would she have not altered her route? I know shipping companies are greedy, but a longer/delayed route is a hell of a lot cheaper that a lost ship/cargo/crew. Regardless of the company's wishes, the captain/master is still 100% responsible for the welfare of the crew, and the safe passage of the vessel.
    "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
      Apparently, the captain has never heard of a "weather report". Why on Earth would she have not altered her route? I know shipping companies are greedy, but a longer/delayed route is a hell of a lot cheaper that a lost ship/cargo/crew. Regardless of the company's wishes, the captain/master is still 100% responsible for the welfare of the crew, and the safe passage of the vessel.
      *he, and I dont know either. Just doesnt seem right.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The opening of that makes it sound like the captain was a she,

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          *he, and I dont know either. Just doesnt seem right.
          Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

*she

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
            That's the mother, fool.

Comment

anyone else humming a Gordon Lightfoot song??

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post

god bless.
                No one else even knows who the fuck that is.

Comment

god bless.
                  Your white side is showing

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                    His credit score, successful fathership, or being a home owner?
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                      I'm not 100% sure, but I think the first and last one have taken a hit.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        No one else even knows who the fuck that is.
                        Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                        Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                        I'm not 100% sure, but I think the first and last one have taken a hit.
                        haha! I love this place!

I just got these chrome 30's @ rent a tire, and section 8 covering mosta dis rent! jokes on you!!!!!

god bless.
                        It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

The woman in that article is not the captain of the ship. She is (was) a crew member.

"The ship’s captain is Michael Davidson, 53, of Windham, Maine. His friend, Nick Mavodones, told WCSH-TV that Davidson is a good, and experienced, sailor."

More...

"Family members of the missing crew are asking why the El Faro headed out into the powerful Hurricane Joaquin. The ship’s owners held an emotional meeting with the families in Florida.

TOTE Services President Phil Greene told CNN, “The captain knew the conditions and communicated back to our headquarters. The conditions were, as he saw them then, favorable. He was very confident the ship was doing well, the crew was quite up to date. I think the most critical importance for us is that we share as much information as we have, that we’re upfront about the situations as we possibly can be.”

The ship set out from Jacksonville, Florida, on a trip to Puerto Rico last Tuesday. It’s last reported position was near the Bahamas. Captain Michael Davidson sent a satellite distress message from the ship, reporting that it was taking on water and at a 15-degree list, the Coast Guard said. That was the last time the ship was heard from."
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

They found one body and empty life boats:
                            Coast Guard officials say that a 790-foot container ship called El Faro likely sank last Thursday near the Bahamas amid the chaos of Hurricane Joaquin;...

Comment

haha! I love this place!

I just got these chrome 30's @ rent a tire, and section 8 covering mosta dis rent! jokes on you!!!!!

god bless.
                              Hah. I'm gonna have to buy you a beer one day. Funny mother fucker right here...

Comment

Working...
                              X