Do you have a car payment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
    And now you all look really really stupid, cause I don't have the boat anymore. Father inlaw took over payments.

ROFL!!
    Bullshit! You're a fucking tool.

Comment

• SVO855 and Gasser64 4 prez 2020
      Originally posted by Buzzo
      Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

• Haven't had a car payment since '09. I drive cheap shit that I built and I can maintain easily. I can afford to do it differently but that's the plan for now.

I don't like any type of payment, a minimalist mentality has taken hold as I've gotten older. I consider my options daily and probably should buy a new truck this year, but I won't. It's just easier to talk myself out of it these days and my wallet appriciates it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooter View Post
          the great thing about vehicles is that it's a pretty predictable value curve...

the longer you wait, the cheaper that 2016 is going to get!

I almost bought a 6.7 Ford recently, but the way things have been going, I may be waiting until the 2017's drop in hopes that prices will take a little dip
          That's the plan, but not likely to happen. I see a 700+ payment looming month to month and it almost makes my hair go grey thinking about the risk and hit that is.

Sometimes i really do "feel like i'm not keeping up with the Jones'es" when i see folks in my neighborhood driving around in brand new cars, kids driving in brand new mustangs, and i know the average household income of my city and it's head scratching. I have some debt from when i was unemployed, and all my money is seemingly tied up in this house, but still, i seem to be doing "okay" but sill severely stress out about money.

I have a few friends my age (early 30s) with equal or worse paying jobs, house payments, and driving new cars, diesel trucks, buying boats, having kids ($$$) and the only ones who i know who are as careful with their spending as I am are SlowLX and his wife.

The only thing i can think of is massive, massive debt, but of course when you talk to people (like here) everyone is a cash only multimillionaire perfect investment portfolio dave ramsey follower...

Comment

• Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
            Awe Justin!! You got us again!! When will we learn???!!!

Man. I love this place. Couldn't imagine a better site if I tried. Guess I'm kinda glad you guys can't see how hard I'm laughing. Then you really would think I was crazy
            WH

Comment

• Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
              That's the plan, but not likely to happen. I see a 700+ payment looming month to month and it almost makes my hair go grey thinking about the risk and hit that is.

Sometimes i really do "feel like i'm not keeping up with the Jones'es" when i see folks in my neighborhood driving around in brand new cars, kids driving in brand new mustangs, and i know the average household income of my city and it's head scratching. I have some debt from when i was unemployed, and all my money is seemingly tied up in this house, but still, i seem to be doing "okay" but sill severely stress out about money.

I have a few friends my age (early 30s) with equal or worse paying jobs, house payments, and driving new cars, diesel trucks, buying boats, having kids ($$$) and the only ones who i know who are as careful with their spending as I am are SlowLX and his wife.

The only thing i can think of is massive, massive debt, but of course when you talk to people (like here) everyone is a cash only multimillionaire perfect investment portfolio dave ramsey follower...
              Dont feel like the lone ranger.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                And now you all look really really stupid, cause I don't have the boat anymore. Father inlaw took over payments.

ROFL!!
                Edit: Nevermind... Done feeding the troll

Comment

• The thing about keeping up with the Joneses is that, as soon as you catch up to them, you meet their richer neighbors, the Robertsons.

Comment

• the Robertsons built an insanely baller house right around the curve on my street...

those fuckin' Robertsons... I tell you what
                    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

• I purposely live down the street from the Jacksons. It makes me feel better about my situation.

Comment

• "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

• Cash cars. I enjoy working on rolling projects and I spend way too much time on craigslist.

If I bought a new car I would also be getting a $400 a month bill for my own modifications.

Comment

• I cant believe your parents let you keep all those cars at their house!

Comment

• Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                              I cant believe your parents let you keep all those cars at their house!
                              3 F-Bodies in one location... there goes the property values.

Comment

• u remember the turquoise one being on CL a few years back, and that maroon one is DOPE!

Comment

Working...
                                X