Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cutting cable: how to watch/record Cowboy games?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread might as well be in another language. All I know is I haven't heard from any friends who can access all sports channels (including the fox channels) without cable.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Yes, I agree with TV content being better than in the past.

I think the bottom line is Cable companies are going to HAVE to make the programming a la carte. That's basically what everyone is doing when cutting the cable. We aren't completely STOPPING watching TV, just narrowing it all to what we WANT to watch.
      EXACTLY!!

Whoever goes to A la carte first, is getting my business immediately.

I watch maybe 6 to 7 channels (USA, TNT, AMC, FX, and the three locals)

Yet there are 100+ channels I have been to for .5 seconds as I browse past them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        I tried to watch the Rangers game on Phoenix last night. I got the "Working" spinner for a few to several seconds, then it just went away without an error. I tried watching the Angels/Astros game after that, and it did the same thing. I'm assuming it just couldn't find a good stream for it, but I've gotten error messages from other sources when that was the case. Have you run into that yet? I'm leaning toward server side rather than client side because I tried this from my phone and the girlfriend's laptop, both with the same result.
        I haven't had it happen watching sports, but I have had it happen on other streams. The error flashes up and goes away quickly in the lower right corner of the screen. "No stream available." It happened the other day when I tried to watch Black Mass, for example. I exited out, and went back in, and it worked. My only complaint thus far is that sometimes the buffering speeds are slow, and I believe it to be on the server side. I'm 25mb up and 25mb down, so slow speeds on my end aren't the issue. It could be on your end too though, depending on your internet service.

One thing i have noticed, is that the buffering is only sometimes an issue, and it's always on the newer content. On PrimeWire, for instance, most of the content is older and there is never an issue with buffering. Keep in mind this is all still relatively new, and they make progress daily. I don't think it will be too terribly long before this relatively bug free.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
          This thread might as well be in another language. All I know is I haven't heard from any friends who can access all sports channels (including the fox channels) without cable.
          They're there, it's just a matter of finding the source that has the stream and then finding the stream. Obviously I haven't found them yet.
          Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          I haven't had it happen watching sports, but I have had it happen on other streams. The error flashes up and goes away quickly in the lower right corner of the screen. "No stream available." It happened the other day when I tried to watch Black Mass, for example. I exited out, and went back in, and it worked. My only complaint thus far is that sometimes the buffering speeds are slow, and I believe it to be on the server side. I'm 25mb up and 25mb down, so slow speeds on my end aren't the issue. It could be on your end too though, depending on your internet service.

One thing i have noticed, is that the buffering is only sometimes an issue, and it's always on the newer content. On PrimeWire, for instance, most of the content is older and there is never an issue with buffering. Keep in mind this is all still relatively new, and they make progress daily. I don't think it will be too terribly long before this relatively bug free.
          Yeah, I've seen the "No stream available" message before, and it doesn't last more than a couple seconds, but I didn't get any message. It went from "Working" directly to nothing.
          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
          HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

i installed Kodi on a fire stick last night, it's not bad, however it doesn't have that ease of use that a cable box does for just flicking around and finding something to watch

I use plex, sickbeard, and NovaRoma for all the show series, and movies I want to see, so there's that. My biggest struggle is converting them all to .mp4 after download.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              i installed Kodi on a fire stick last night, it's not bad, however it doesn't have that ease of use that a cable box does for just flicking around and finding something to watch
              It is definitely clunky. It doesn't bother me at all. I'd much rather prefer to deal with the lack of a good UI when it saves me $180/mo.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
              X