2v Heads or 4v motor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2v Heads or 4v motor

Debating buying another mustang. Found an 02GT with a good motor and trans in the car. I have the option of buying it the way it sits or as a roller and save the cost of the motor.

I know for a while there really wasn't a viable head option for the 2Vs that could make any decent power for the money but I believe Trick Flow has made a good set now. My question is With the option of trying to find a junkyard 4V or keeping the 2V motor and buying a good set of heads which would you choose.

I should say Im not going for an all out drag car just a fun car to cruise in and when I decide to add more power later which option would you choose for at most 500-600hp range.

Is this a trick question?

Comment

Making that much power with a 2v 4.6 mod motor on pump gas isnt easy. Hell, 4v motors need a LOT of boost to get over 600.
      Originally posted by lincolnboy
      After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

Comment

Don't even hesitate. 4v all day. It'll be cheaper and make more power.
        Originally posted by Buzzo
        Some dudes jump out of airplanes, I fuck hookers without condoms.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah That's what I figured for the long run but thought I would ask people who know a lot more then me.

Thanks

Comment

yes. 4v all day long.

Comment

Be different. Buy the roller, then do a 2.3 ecoboost swap.
              sigpic

Comment

I would definitely skip on that stock 2v 4.6 for the power levels you're talking about. I was around 425-435hp @ flywheel on my '03GT Vert. It was universally agreed upon at the time that staying south of the 450 mark was key to durability. I don't think the rotating assembly would hang on too long at 500+.

In terms of 4.6 power potential, John Mihovetz proved a long time ago that throwing buckets of money at one will yield around 2,500hp or 6.08@236mph at the strip. But, I digress...
                Last edited by LS1Goat; 09-19-2015, 01:40 PM.

Comment

if your going to do a motor swap put a coyote in it.

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
                    if your going to do a motor swap put a coyote in it.
                    That is the other option I was thinking of going but I'm sure the price difference would be pretty hefty in the motor alone not to mention any other modifications I would have to make to make it work.

Comment

You could pick up a GT500 motor for about the same as the coyote, and be a pulley swap away from your power goal.

Comment

Wingy dingy!!

Comment

Put a ls1 in it call it a day.

Comment

Originally posted by LS1Goat View Post
                            I would definitely skip on that stock 2v 4.6 for the power levels you're talking about. I was around 425-435hp @ flywheel on my '03GT Vert. It was universally agreed upon at the time that staying south of the 450 mark was key to durability. I don't think the rotating assembly would hang on too long at 500+.

In terms of 4.6 power potential, John Mihovetz proved a long time ago that throwing buckets of money at one will yield around 2,500hp or 6.08@236mph at the strip. But, I digress...
                            With b heads to say the least..

His current motor is the ford gt style head however.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

If it's a roller, throw a lq9 in it.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                              X