• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cobrajet69 View Post
    Bend over.
    Expect a minimal $1000 month with deductibles upward of $12,000

David
    Maybe I was fortunate, but this is not the case for me and I provide my own insurance through BCBS. I've only seen a $50 a month increase since obamacare.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
      Looking at options for private health insurance.
      Might take a job that pays 15k more a year, but they don't offer health insurance. Currently paying $799/monthly for UHC through employer for family, just Me, Wife, and son.

What are my options?
      Does your wife work?
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
        Does your wife work?
        Yes, she works

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
          Maybe I was fortunate, but this is not the case for me and I provide my own insurance through BCBS. I've only seen a $50 a month increase since obamacare.
          We've exhausted the Obamacare web site and even picked BCBS as a preferred but what I posted earlier was what we kept coming up with. Maybe we need some outside "experienced" help but that page is daunting to navigate.

David

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            Uninsurable? Pre-existing conditions have to be accepted now...
            While true, they have such high rates you might as well be uninsured!
            I can't even get a high risk life insurance policy on my own, being type 1 for 43 years, no matter how good of control I am in. Sends them running for the hills when they see that check box and date diabetes started. Even when Agents say, oh yeah, with an A1C that good, I can find a policy for you that's a higher premium, but you can get coverage... Then I get the reject letter.

Insurance is a huge factor in any job I have taken. l Luckily my current employer has great insurance coverage, and great rates.

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
              While true, they have such high rates you might as well be uninsured!
              I can't even get a high risk life insurance policy on my own, being type 1 for 43 years, no matter how good of control I am in. Sends them running for the hills when they see that check box and date diabetes started. Even when Agents say, oh yeah, with an A1C that good, I can find a policy for you that's a higher premium, but you can get coverage... Then I get the reject letter.

Insurance is a huge factor in any job I have taken. l Luckily my current employer has great insurance coverage, and great rates.
              life insurance isnt covered under the prexisting condition clause...

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                life insurance isnt covered under the prexisting condition clause...
                I know that, just throwing it in there with my insurance rant. ;-)

Comment

I got a quote for $5XX/mo from an insurance guy for myself (38), my wife (32) and our 9 month old daughter. I'm self employed and my wife doesn't work so we don't have any options for employer provided insurance. If you want to chat with the guy I'm working with, shoot me a PM and I'll give you his name and number. He's been in the insurance industry 20+ years.

And it's not Obamacare.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_92_Notch View Post
                    I got a quote for $5XX/mo from an insurance guy for myself (38), my wife (32) and our 9 month old daughter. I'm self employed and my wife doesn't work so we don't have any options for employer provided insurance. If you want to chat with the guy I'm working with, shoot me a PM and I'll give you his name and number. He's been in the insurance industry 20+ years.

And it's not Obamacare.
                    hook it up maaaan!

Comment

Working...
                    X