fantasy sport gambling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fantasy sport gambling

Since its the beginning of the NFL season, I noticed all of the commercials for fantasy football and thought it sure seems like there are a lot more commercials about it. Then I realized its because its big money now with these websites. Draft kings seems to be the biggest one. I started wondering how they were not being investigated or if they were governed like all other gambling. How is it different than gambling in online poker?

Well, it sounds like the good ol' Gubament is going to find out.

How do fantasy sports differ from gambling? ?Energy?and Commerce Ranking Member Frank Pallone, Jr. (D-NJ)?seeks to find out and has disseminated?a letter?requesting that his committee review the legal status of fantasy sports and sports betting. Most people that I discuss the fantasy sports industry with believe that?there is little-to-no difference between [...]

It's been deemed as "skill-based". I heard something about it also being tied to the fact that players outcomes are mutually exclusive (what I do doesn't impact your outcome) but don't know how accurate that is.

By the way those sites are HIGHLY unprofitable right now.

Draftkings paid out $20 million this weekend which implies they took in $2 million (not considering free plays)... they spent $20 million THIS WEEKEND in advertising.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Oh I knew this shit was going to happen eventually. They better start lining the congresses pockets with money and better start transferring there funds over seas LOL.

Comment

I love me some fan duel.
        2012 GT500

Comment

consider 90~% of the payouts go to 11~% of the player base

Comment

From what I've heard, all the poker players moved in to this when they took down the online gambling sites. Meaning, they're running calculation programs, etc. If you look at the payouts, it's mostly the same group of people winning.

I've held off trying it out. I was going to do it this season, but with the info mentioned above, I'm likely out.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
              Can we get some detail on that?

Comment

Depends on the room for fanduel. You pick a room with whatever payout you like. I like doing the double your money ones. Finish in top half and double up.

Edit. I guess you meant total not in each room
                2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                  Can we get some detail on that?
                  yeah, I read that too. I cant remember where or I would post a link.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

This one from last week:

Originally posted by davbrucas
                    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Holy shnikes

"the top 100 ranked players enter 330 winning lineups per day, and the top 10 players combine to win an average of 873 times daily. The remaining field of approximately 20,000 players tracked by Rotogrinders wins just 13 times per day, on average."

Comment

Holy shnikes

"the top 100 ranked players enter 330 winning lineups per day, and the top 10 players combine to win an average of 873 times daily. The remaining field of approximately 20,000 players tracked by Rotogrinders wins just 13 times per day, on average."
                        The top players are computer programs. The advertising is meant to bring in the average guy to get fleeced.
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                        Originally posted by racrguy
                        Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                          The top players are computer programs. The advertising is meant to bring in the average guy to get fleeced.
                          How is this thing even taking off? I can't believe people are falling for this.

I guess people think they are smarter than what they are.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                            Exactly.

How is this thing even taking off? I can't believe people are falling for this.
                            Because marketing works, and they're doing a shit ton of it.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                              Exactly.

Because marketing works, and they're doing a shit ton of it.
                              That's for damn sure. I bet I have seen 100 commercials for it in the last 2-3 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                              X