Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Camaro: 0-60 in 4 seconds flat

Damn

Chevy just released the performance specs for the new 2016 Chevrolet Camaro, and it seems that their very back-to-basics plan — add power, remove weight — is working, with the car shedding 390 pounds and going from zero to 60 MPH in four seconds. Those numbers are for the 455 HP 6.2-liter V8 SS model (on 20-in. RF4…

not bad!
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Not bad at all. Chevy's smart enough to go lighter.

Comment

Wow, the turbo 4 only weighs 3,339lb!! That is ~200lbs lighter than my ecoboost.
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

New Camero

Pretty quick, but it's still a GM product.

Comment

Hoping for a new gt500 and new engines in the 2017 stang.

Comment

That is awesome!

I'm sure Ford will be stepping it up as well...
              When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                That is awesome!

I'm sure Ford will be stepping it up as well...
                A smaller car would be a step in the right direction

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  A smaller car would be a step in the right direction
                  We won't be seeing that for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                    We won't be seeing that for a while.
                    I wonder if Ford has any plans on doing an all aluminum body?

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      Not bad at all. Chevy's smart enough to go lighter.
                      Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                      I wonder if Ford has any plans on doing an all aluminum body?
                      Was about to ask that. Heard rumors of an aluminum mustang. Never knew if they were true though.

Aren't we getting an aluminum F150?
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        Was about to ask that. Heard rumors of an aluminum mustang. Never knew if they were true though.
                        Only rumors at this point. The current gen is simply too new for that to happen anytime soon. However I could see them using more aluminium body panels and parts. It's the unibody that I think will stay steel for quite a while.

Aren't we getting an aluminum F150?
                        What rock are you sleeping under?

Comment

12.3 1/4 mile with the 8 speed auto....that is impressive for a stock Camaro SS. Ford might want to start going back to the drawing board, the LT1 motor in the Camaro just put a hurting on the GT.

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                            12.3 1/4 mile with the 8 speed auto....that is impressive for a stock Camaro SS. Ford might want to start going back to the drawing board, the LT1 motor in the Camaro just put a hurting on the GT.
                            They left room to grow with the coyote, direct injection, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
                              Only rumors at this point. The current gen is simply too new for that to happen anytime soon. However I could see them using more aluminium body panels and parts. It's the unibody that I think will stay steel for quite a while.
                              Back in the early 90's they made a few all aluminum Mercury Sables to test out all aluminum consctruction. Those cars were definitely unibody vehicles. The other cool part was the drivetrains were from a SHO. From what I remember they hauled a bit off ass.

http://www.autoblog.com/2010/04/26/u...e-aiv-spotted/

Comment

Working...
                              X