No announcement yet.

New job.. I'm gonna miss Texas.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea, and those guys in India suck. I'm the VMware mentoring lead and I had one contact me, saying he needed advise on how to do something. He tried pawn the entire job off on me.

I can't speak for all of HPES, but I can speak for our group. Our consulting team was about 200 strong and always BEAT our numbers from 2008 to 2012. After 2012, our leader took early retirement (mistake #1). They replaced him with the most senior guy instead of the guy our leader had been grooming as his successor (mistake #2). Then they combined the consultants with the engineers (mistake #3). The VP in charge of engineers has zero clues on how to run consulting. His cronies farm us out to anyone and they don't add any margins to our work.

Under our previous leadership, I would write my own SOW and tack a 30% margin onto my work. Under current management, we may be assigned to assist other groups on their projects. For instance, the EG group (who sells servers and SAN storage) will contract us to help them with sales, assessment, and even implementation. It is up to them to charge a margin for our work. However, they don't make any money on our margins so why would they raise the cost to their customer and do that? They just charge our normal hourly rate with no margin.

A couple of years ago, I and a few others said F' it and started going out and finding our own gigs again. And we added that 30% margin to our work. It pissed off the VP that we were circumventing his processes. Fortunately there was nothing he could do about it. I helped close a $50million dollar deal for the largest virtual desktop deployment to an public school system. That ended up representing $24million of pull through revenue to our org. From that point on I could mostly call my own shots. But that was then and this is now. It's just getting worse over there.

After Nov 1st, HP won't give any more severance packages. Those 30,000 people are going to be thrown to the street while Meg Whitman counts the $74million she's getting for orchestrating the breakup of the company.

No wonder she won't show her face at any HP office outside of PaloAlto.

Comment

Idk, but that bitch is hideous. I'd hit it for half though

Comment

I have a few friends that work for vmware. They like it.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt Beavis View Post
          After Nov 1st, HP won't give any more severance packages. Those 30,000 people are going to be thrown to the street while Meg Whitman counts the $74million she's getting for orchestrating the breakup of the company.
          "The cuts will result in a charge of $2.7 billion that will begin in the fourth quarter. In a statement, the company said the cash impact will be approximately $2.6 billion over the next three years"
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
          X