Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New job.. I'm gonna miss Texas.

Well, I finally landed a new job.

Sometime in October, I will start working at VMware as a Global Technical Alliance Manager for one of their largest alliance partners. I'll be responsible for getting the partner to integrate VMware products into their offerings. I will have about 6 Regional guys under me in the US, Europe, Asia/Pacific, and South America.

VMware is at the end of the fiscal quarter, so they are under a hiring freeze right this moment. I'll get an offer letter sometime after Oct 1. Then I give my notice to HP.

The only real downside is that my family will be moving to Raleigh, NC. We traveled there last week to check it out and end up really liking the area, but I love Texas and Louisiana more. Moving will be a downer but the new opportunity is just too much to pass up. At least I'm guaranteed to see the Saints at least once a year when the stomp that panties in NC. At least I'll still have DFWMs.

Work wise this will be a real change for me. As most of you know, I'm highly technical. I've had a lot of success at HP and have even been responsible for creating a few new services. I've even been fortunate enough to have some small influences on some of our server and storage products. This new position will be roughly half as technical and more business focused. I'm really looking forward to that challenge. I'm also looking forward to my first paycheck/bonus..

Good deal, holmes. It's awesome to see folks moving up!
    Originally posted by PGreenCobra
    I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
    Originally posted by Trip McNeely
    Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
    dont downshift!!
    Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Congrats man! Ive been in northern Georgia the past week and love the trees here I have to admit after looking at some houses out of curiosity I would be tempted to move this way as well.

Comment

You'll love what NC has to offer way more than anything in Texas. I have zero regrets about leaving.

Comment

lol, Texas > all

Comment

Congrads on the upward mobility. There are worse places to live than NC for sure. Good luck!

Comment

NC is beautiful and the people are super nice. The humidity is brutal though. Good luck with your move. Other than leaving friends and family, I couldn't be move happy living outside of TX.

Comment

Fancy title, can it pay for a cow skin rug OR Savannah cat??
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Congratulations and good luck Rick.
                  2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Right on dude, following my career to CA turned out to be the right thing to do well beyond what I had ever hoped. Plane tickets are cheap when you're making that cows kin choo choo money.

Comment

Bye, Bean...
                      Originally posted by Silverback
                      Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Congrats on the new gig
                        It was hard for me at first leaving TX but I got used to it and love it here in Costa Rica

Comment

Good luck. You'll get nostalgic, but you'll adjust as well. You'll never take over the world without some detours and change along the way!

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                          There are worse places to live than NC for sure.
                          Like Houston. F that place!

Comment

Originally posted by Strychnine View Post
                            Like Houston. F that place!
                            Exactly!

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Bye, Bean...
                              I talked to him on the phone, he said "back attcha".

Comment

Working...
                              X