Window Tint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Window Tint

Got a question for you guys. Just bought the wife a 2015 Impala (dark blue) and we're wanting to tint the windows.

I'm curious what you guys think about the various shades.

Do we go 35% all around, 20% all around, or a split 35% on the front and 20% on all rear windows.

In my younger days I would have gone 20% all around without question, but it's the wifes DD and I don't really want to be hassled on inspections.

Thoughts?
    Don't be a pussy, run 20% all around
    0%
    35% would be sufficient
    0%
    Split it 35% F / 20% R
    0%
    G'Day Mate

All of my cars have 35%/20%, no problems with the law or inspection stations. I believe the ceramic tint is a little darker and with the factory glass tint is brings it down to almost 28/30% so its dark enough.
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I always do 35/20 split as well.
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Duck that, 5% in the back and 25 up front, it's too hot in TX for anything else

Originally posted by DOHCTR
        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
          Duck that, 5% in the back and 25 up front, it's too hot in TX for anything else
          Do you drive a red Nissan Titan? I think I might have found the ass hole that backed into me.

Comment

don't need dark for good heat rejection if that's what you want, just gotta buy the right tint

talk to the guys over at Tritek

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
              don't need dark for good heat rejection if that's what you want, just gotta buy the right tint

talk to the guys over at Tritek
              That's where I'm going, tomorrow morning actually. Looking at the Cermaic film tint. Sounds like 35% would be dark enough with the windows and the added ceramic.
              G'Day Mate

Comment

Too dark is a PITA when driving; at night, rain storm, and dark winter days!

David

Comment

35/20 shouldn't be an issue with the Air80 on the windshield.

We'll do the 35/20 for $150, and the ceramic for $200. That's Llumar, lifetime warranty.

Llumar Air80 (ceramic) is 99% uv, and 50% heat reduction. It's also fully legal.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post

We'll do the 35/20 for $150, and the ceramic for $200. That's Llumar, lifetime warranty.

Llumar Air80 (ceramic) is 99% uv, and 50% heat reduction. It's also fully legal.
                    How much to take off the old tent and add the ceramic shit?

**Edit** Its a 2015 fusion.

Comment

just had tritek do my new car with wincos. even the windshield, and you cannot really tell it is tinted unless you are right up on it.

it is awesome. my car is no where near as hot as it used to be.

david was not kidding when he said it was good. might get my truck stripped and retinted with this stuff.

Comment

20% all the way.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post

Damn, that's good to know!
                          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            How much to take off the old tent and add the ceramic shit?

**Edit** Its a 2015 fusion.
                            You're looking at $300. It's a huge pain to do.

Comment

Tritek in Garland is the only place to go. They do fantastic work. Get the split tint so you wont have any hassles with police or state inspections.
                              1995 Cobra #404
                              1994 Cobra #1968 **traded**
                              1991 LX Hatch 5.0-Sold

Comment

Working...
                              X