87 killed in crane collapse at Mecca's Grand Mosque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post

depending on the footprint of the building, that many cranes is absolutely necessary, because they only have so much radius, and the path of travel/scheduling requires them to be stationed as such. I know you know a lot, but trust me, someone far smarter than you or I planned this out logically.

If you think these people are smart, you clearly haven't spent a lot of time in the Middle East.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
      i dont know exactly what you are referring to, but any typical high rise will have 6-7 tower cranes, and many more that come and go as needed.

and thats only a 5 story building.

depending on the footprint of the building, that many cranes is absolutely necessary, because they only have so much radius, and the path of travel/scheduling requires them to be stationed as such. I know you know a lot, but trust me, someone far smarter than you or I planned this out logically.

Nothing in Saudi is logical; I lived there as a contractor. They don't do a lot of planning, and more than once I witnessed some very stupid risks taken by workers and locals. Safety is literally, and I do mean literally, the last thing on their minds. In fact if someone is severely injured say in a car wreck, dozens of Saudis will run up not to help, but hope you die and they want to be the last person to touch you and speak to you so that you can give Allah a message from them about how much you love him. Basically they use someone's tragic death as a way to kiss god's ass instead of helping someone. I will bet all those workers bled out or died of internal injuries because all the Saudi "supervisors" were busy having tea and giving them messages to god.

As for the construction, they have been expanding Mecca and Medina for a while because of the tourism regarding the anual hadj. They were actually going to tear down the tomb or birthplace of Muhammad's wife because they hate history and want to build nice hotels and shit near the mosque along with it's expansion. I think the expansion of both sites has been an ongoing project for quite some time but not 100% sure on that.
      I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
        more than once I witnessed some very stupid risks taken by workers and locals. Safety is literally, and I do mean literally, the last thing on their minds.
        ?

Comment

Sucks that beautiful building was damaged
          Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
          X