No announcement yet.

87 killed in crane collapse at Mecca's Grand Mosque

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

363 people died there in a 2006 stampede. 1,426 died there in 1990.
    sigpic

Comment

Well then....Karma's a bitch ain't it?
      70' Chevelle RagTop
      (Forever Under Construction)

"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.”- Thomas A Edison

Comment

Construction company who leased the crane for the construction...wait for it...the Bin Laden Company. But in all fairness, the Bin Laden Company is probably the largest construction company in the middle east started by OBL's father. Just ironic.
        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
          Construction company who leased the crane for the construction...wait for it...the Bin Laden Company. But in all fairness, the Bin Laden Company is probably the largest construction company in the middle east started by OBL's father. Just ironic.
          Yep and they do a lot of work on US military bases in the area, or at least used to.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by LANTIRN View Post
            Yep and they do a lot of work on US military bases in the area, or at least used to.
            Seems like that might be a 'small' conflict of interest.
            G'Day Mate

Comment

It was God's payback to the muslums for what they did on 9/11. It happened on the anniversary.

Comment

Originally posted by ALLAN View Post
                Aloha snackbar?
                Admiral Ackbar.
                WH

Comment

Why is that area infested with cranes? Looking pics of the place I see dozens of them.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Because... Construction?

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                      Because... Construction?
                      How many job sites have you been on that had that many cranes on it?
                      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                        Why is that area infested with cranes? Looking pics of the place I see dozens of them.
                        You can't swing a stick in most Arab countries without noticing the amount of cranes doing work. Dubai is loaded with them. Somewhere there was a crazy statistic about how many there were in use in dubai compared to the rest if the world. It doesn't take them 14 years to construct something (my jab at the 9/11 monuments build time).
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

i dont know exactly what you are referring to, but any typical high rise will have 6-7 tower cranes, and many more that come and go as needed.

and thats only a 5 story building.

depending on the footprint of the building, that many cranes is absolutely necessary, because they only have so much radius, and the path of travel/scheduling requires them to be stationed as such. I know you know a lot, but trust me, someone far smarter than you or I planned this out logically.

Comment

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
                            You can't swing a stick in most Arab countries without noticing the amount of cranes doing work. Dubai is loaded with them. Somewhere there was a crazy statistic about how many there were in use in dubai compared to the rest if the world. It doesn't take them 14 years to construct something (my jab at the 9/11 monuments build time).
                            If you go up in any highrise in downtown dallas and look north, you can count 30-40 tower cranes at any given time, and by looking north, i mean no further than mockingbird

Comment

I looked at pictures of that site from 25 years ago and the cranes were there back then.

Comment

They like em some cranes. They think it adds to the aesthetic.
                                WH

Comment

Working...
                                X