Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to the Alliance Air show this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would have loved to have seen the F22, I suppose I will have plenty of opportunities in the future because they will only be good for airshows thanks to the decline of manned military aircraft.
    Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

It was a great show, aerial performance-wise. The static displays were okay, but holy crap the lines were long if you wanted to take a closer look at some of them (I didn't).

Originally posted by David View Post
      Really enjoyed the show. Premium parking was a fucking joke.
      That's no lie! Getting in wasn't too bad (if you had a low car, you were screwed). Getting out was complete bullshit. Not a soul to guide cars, and total gridlock. It took me nearly 1.5 hours to get from where I parked to I-35.
      "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by motoman View Post
        Pictures turned out good. The only suggestion I can make is to use a slower shutter speed when you're shooting propeller aircraft. It'll give you prop blur and they won't appear as if their floating in the air.
        thanks for the advice. I'll try that next time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
          I would have loved to have seen the F22, I suppose I will have plenty of opportunities in the future because they will only be good for airshows thanks to the decline of manned military aircraft.
          I think we'll be flying F-22s for at least 20 more years. Drones are great but they won't be able to shoot down those J-20s from China in a couple of years. The F-35 might not be able to either.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
            I think we'll be flying F-22s for at least 20 more years. Drones are great but they won't be able to shoot down those J-20s from China in a couple of years. The F-35 might not be able to either.
            I hope they have a good tech package in the J-20, they look huge!
            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

When will the the blue Angels and thunderbirds move to the f35?

Comment

Probably in nobody here's lifetime.
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Man that is a great question. It took 3 years for the Blue Angels to adopt the F-18 and 6 for the Thunderbirds the F-16. Both during the free spending years of the Reagan administration.

Those F-18s are going to be obsolete when replaced and anyone we'd try selling them to is a potential F-35 customer so they'll probably be mothballed. The F-16s are still very current though and can go right into service with just about any reserve/guard unit.

It'll depend on who wins the 2016 election. I could this being a pet project for Donald Trump.

Comment

Man that is a great question. It took 3 years for the Blue Angels to adopt the F-18 and 6 for the Thunderbirds the F-16. Both during the free spending years of the Reagan administration.

Those F-18s are going to be obsolete when replaced and anyone we'd try selling them to is a potential F-35 customer so they'll probably be mothballed. The F-16s are still very current though and can go right into service with just about any reserve/guard unit.

It'll depend on who wins the 2016 election. I could this being a pet project for Donald Trump.
                    The Hornets that the Blues fly are high-hour A and B models. When the blues get done with them, they go straight to the boneyard.

Comment

Originally posted by helosailor View Post
                      The Hornets that the Blues fly are high-hour A and B models. When the blues get done with them, they go straight to the boneyard.
                      And amazingly enough the Fort Worth Aviation Museum has one right now. http://vmapaircraft.weebly.com/f-18-hornet-info.html

I flew as a Blue Angel for 13 years after 6 years in combat.

Comment

And amazingly enough the Fort Worth Aviation Museum has one right now. http://vmapaircraft.weebly.com/f-18-hornet-info.html

It flew as a Blue Angel for 13 years after 6 years in combat.
                        Yeah, a few go to museums, but they are done flying when the Blues get done with them.

Comment

This year was the first time I've been able to go, I'm used to smaller airshows so I had a lot of fun at this one and I'm gonna try to make it next year.
                          1990 GT

Comment

Originally posted by F8LSVT View Post
                            This year was the first time I've been able to go, I'm used to smaller airshows so I had a lot of fun at this one and I'm gonna try to make it next year.
                            The HOT show in Waco had the Thunderbirds this year so even the small ones can be pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                            X