Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can a big tall guy like me find BDU's local?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can a big tall guy like me find BDU's local?

Needing some decent BDU type pants for SAR work. 44 x 38 so they are a little baggy. I need to be able to try them on though, so I don't want to do mail order. Tan, black, od green, etc.

The problem I always have with any pants or jeans is that MOST places do not carry anything over 34" length. I need 36 at the very least and 38 will do.

GT distributors has plenty of fat fucks clothing. Its all 5.11 mostly but its in stock.
    They have an in house tailor too.
    I'mm 44 waist..
    sigpic

Comment

have you checked out the local Army Navy Surplus stores? I browsed the one in Grand Prairie a while back and noticed a lot of clothing/uniform stuff.

Comment

I have two totes full of BDU, DCU and ABU's but not in that size. Gonna take them all to the Army/Navy store one of these days.

He's a size chart. Looks like you're gonna need a 2XL/X-Long
        Where Uncle Sam's Army Navy officially presents Camolots.com. Our mission is to bring Military Surplus to the people at affordable prices. We provide a wide variety of new and vintage Authentic Military Surplus, purchased directly from Military Branches in over 26 different Countries! We also sell WHOLESALE!
        You remember the stories John use to tell us about the the three chinamen playing Fantan? This guy runs up to them and says, "Hey, the world's coming to an end!" and the first one says, "Well, I best go to the mission and pray," and the second one says, "Well, hell, I'm gonna go and buy me a case of Mezcal and six whores," and the third one says "Well, I'm gonna finish the game." I shall finish the game, Doc.

Comment

Omaha's on white settlement in Fort Worth. They have lots of new Proper BDUs and I think they should have the size. May want to call first. It's my favorite military surplus store. Kind of like a toy store.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            Omaha's on white settlement in Fort Worth. They have lots of new Proper BDUs and I think they should have the size. May want to call first. It's my favorite military surplus store. Kind of like a toy store.
            Last time I drove by there the entrance on White Settlement was closed. I think you have to enter on Whitmore, once block south. FYI..

Omahas Surplus
            Fort Worth, TX 76107
            2412 Whitmore St
            Fort Worth, TX 76107

Do they have to be actual BDU pants? I ask because Walmart usually has cargo pants for pretty cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              Last time I drove by there the entrance on White Settlement was closed. I think you have to enter on Whitmore, once block south. FYI..

Omahas Surplus
              Fort Worth, TX 76107
              2412 Whitmore St
              Fort Worth, TX 76107

Do they have to be actual BDU pants? I ask because Walmart usually has cargo pants for pretty cheap.
              They could be cargo. Just something that looks semi-formal and with some pockets would be nice, but I have never found my length at WalMart. I generally have to buy jeans and such at Atwood's. I generally wear just some old stained up jeans since we have been known to be out in the woods, creeks, etc getting dirty looking for missing persons. We have been asked to assist in a Sept 11th remembrance ceremony and I need something nicer to wear with my uniform.

Comment

Get the right measurements and order online.

Comment

Proper or 5.11. If you order online go to lapolicegear. Tons in stock and easy exchange for other sizes if you need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                  Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                    They could be cargo. Just something that looks semi-formal and with some pockets would be nice, but I have never found my length at WalMart. I generally have to buy jeans and such at Atwood's. I generally wear just some old stained up jeans since we have been known to be out in the woods, creeks, etc getting dirty looking for missing persons. We have been asked to assist in a Sept 11th remembrance ceremony and I need something nicer to wear with my uniform.
                    Yeah, length will likely be your biggest issue. I know they carry at least up to 44" waist, but probably not much longer than 32" inseam. Too bad though, I get their Wrangler brand cargo pants for camping and they work great and are pretty cheap (around $20).

The down side of the military BDU pants is they don't come in standard measurement sizes, so you really have to try on an assload.

You might try BassPro or Cabellas too, though I think you will still have trouble with length.

These guys have sizes that should fit you, but of course as a big and tall store they will be pricey. They do have a number of locations around DFW:
                    Find the best deals on big & tall clothing, shoes & accessories for men from brands like Polo Ralph Lauren, Lacoste, Nautica, Reebok, Harbor Bay, and more.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
                      This, i can spend a lot of time in that store

Comment

A trip to Omaha's as a kid was a reward for doing well in school. Love that place.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
                        Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

There is also the Dickies outlet in Fort Worth, they should have what you are looking for (Duty / EMT uniforms).

Comment

I went to the Army Navy Warehouse in Farmer's Branch and got 2 pairs and a belt. First pairs I picked out fit perfectly. I am really surprised how comfortable these are. I'd probably wear them all the time if I didn't mind looking like "Tacticool Tim".

I didn't have a enough time to check out boots. Looking for something black and not too heavy. All the combat boots feel really heavy. I am completely flat footed, so not all boots work well for me. My feet are so flat I make suction sounds on tile when I walk.

Comment

Oakley, under armour(don't last as long) and converse all make lightweight boots.

Comment

Working...
                              X