No announcement yet.

Juvenile question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you take heed of the advice given to beat on the kid just know that about all allegations and convictions in child abuse cases come from step fathers and boyfriends. If he says anything regarding you laying a hand on him the state can launch an investigation on you, so there's always that...
    I say either take it up with on the Steve Wilkos show or GTFO.

Comment

so yeah whoop his ass!

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
        If you take heed of the advice given to beat on the kid just know that about all allegations and convictions in child abuse cases come from step fathers and boyfriends.
        That is mostly because children whos fathers stick around do not have emotional issues that have to be dealt with by the next man that comes along and not because step dads or BFs are prone to being more abusive.

Edit: A GF that I split with about 11 years ago had a 3 kids and the oldest one started showing his ass one day and found the door to his room missing that afternoon when he got home from school. It reappeared a few weeks later when he got his attitude straightened out. In the 4-5 years that I dated her I only had to spank 2 of the kids one time each and that was enough. Kids want to be told what the boundaries are and you have to be consistent with them concerning what rules they have to follow.
        Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-07-2015, 10:40 PM.
        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

This is all I could think of regarding the "street" talk...

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
            That is mostly because children whos fathers stick around do not have emotional issues that have to be dealt with by the next man that comes along and not because step dads or BFs are prone to being more abusive.

Edit:....
            Couldn't reply without the one-upper, eh Captain?

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post

Edit: A GF that I split with about 11 years ago had a 3 kids and the oldest one started showing his ass one day and found the door to his room missing that afternoon when he got home from school. It reappeared a few weeks later when he got his attitude straightened out. In the 4-5 years that I dated her I only had to spank 2 of the kids one time each and that was enough. Kids want to be told what the boundaries are and you have to be consistent with them concerning what rules they have to follow.
              and here I was thinking you were asexual. Thanks for ruining that for me.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by SS Junk View Post
                Couldn't reply without the one-upper, eh Captain?

I was hoping that my experience in dealing with a unruly child would be of use to him by illustrating that there is more than one way to skin a cat.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

A good rear naked choke would give that little punk the nap he deserves and not leave a mark. His word against yours.

It does sound like this kid has 15 years of no consequences for his actions, it is extremely unlikely its going to get better before it gets worse. Sometimes you have to just cut your losses.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Without more details on your relationship with his mother, it's hard to say what I would do. Sounds like you are dating his mom and living with them? If less than a year or so I would probably stay out of issues between mom and son. If you're not willing to commit to her (by marrying her) then your commitment to her son is even more suspect.

If you were / are married to his mom, I think that changes things a bit, but lacking that commitment, you're just the dude his mom is banging.

This is just my opinion, of course, based on my experience being a step-dad, having a son that had a step-dad, and being a step-son twice (I have a step-mom and a step-dad). Looking at it from all of those angles.

Now, if he did physically assault you, then it would be time to call the cops and have him locked up. Won't be long, but will teach him the lesson he needs to learn.

Comment

Leave it be. If he continues to be a little shithead, then talk to his mom first and try to come up with a solution. My 15 year old step son is beginning to get an attitude here and there. I'm backed by my wife and his dad, which is good.

Now my 12 year old step daughter... god help me.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                          Leave it be. If he continues to be a little shithead, then talk to his mom first and try to come up with a solution. My 15 year old step son is beginning to get an attitude here and there. I'm backed by my wife and his dad, which is good.

Now my 12 year old step daughter... god help me.
                          I want to leave it be, but damn. He said, and I quote, " The only reason you're here is because you can't get any other hoes". Pretty shitty to call your mother a hoe, and at the same time imply that the only reason I'm with her is because I can't find better.

He went straight up Malibu's most wanted on me. He went from mild mannered polite 15 year old to straight "gangster". Called me out side to fight so he could beat my ass... Wtf.. He's 95lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                            I want to leave it be, but damn. He said, and I quote, " The only reason you're here is because you can't get any other hoes". Pretty shitty to call your mother a hoe, and at the same time imply that the only reason I'm with her is because I can't find better.

He went straight up Malibu's most wanted on me. He went from mild mannered polite 15 year old to straight "gangster". Called me out side to fight so he could beat my ass... Wtf.. He's 95lbs.
                            I'd just laugh it off. Talk to his mom though. And if she's not willing to do shit then... I'd pack my bags.

Comment

An abundance of hormones at that age will make you forget silly shit like the fact that you weigh 95lbs.

These may have been answered already, but...

Where is the kid's real father, and if he is involved, how is the situation between Mom & Dad? Is it amicable?
                              What was his mother's reaction to calling her a hoe?
                              I see that this seems to be isolated to 2 events. Other than that, is he generally a good kid? Good grades? Is he involved in sports?
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

BTW, this I will say for certain.. The only reason you should 'hold him down' as mentioned in the first post, is if he is, in fact, physically assaulting someone (you, mom, anyone) aka self-defense. Or destroying property. Other than that, I would not physically touch him or you're likely to go to jail..

BTW, you haven't said (or I missed it) how long have you been in the picture? Again, I think that has a lot to do with what level of involvement you have. If the kid was already older when you showed up, it is going to be difficult for him to take anything you offer as coming from a loving place. You're just going to be the asshole step-dad, no matter what.

Comment

Working...
                                X