CRAPPPPP like dealing with the DMV is bad enough

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRAPPPPP like dealing with the DMV is bad enough

So I came home to find this letter on the 93 lightning that I bought for my sons first car......Im pissed, two friends have previously told me that insurance companies in many instances are getting out of covering salvage title cars or ups the rate significantly on top of having a teen drive it.......

I bought the car with a clean blue title, it was not salvage/rebuilt owner told me it had always been a clean texas truck, seeing the title i took him at his word, then I get this......

Anyone been through something like this before, any lemon laws? do they go back on the prev owner......?

Thoughts?

Its a 93 were you going to put full coverage on it? Liability is the same to get on a rebuilt salvage car.

Comment

I bought it with a clean title, didnt want a rebuilt title now I have one, how did the guy before me have a clean title?

Comment

Are you asking so you can get one, then pay the misdeeds forward?
        sigpic

Comment

Misdeed, no, but if he did it on purpose then I want the money back on it.... I think its messed up the state can issue a clean title then come back with this....

Comment

Title washed it. Did you run a history on it? I have inquired on a dozen cars that have clean Ks title and two states prior were reported as salvage.

That sucks and I hope it works out.

Comment

If you're genuinely interested in getting your money back, this isn't the place to be asking about that. You should be talking to a lawyer.
              sigpic

Comment

damn man, I ALWAYS run a carfax...

with the unlimited package, you can run an infinite number of vehicles with a license plate number and 5 VIN per month. makes looking up private party vehicles a snap!

Autocheck and the other VIN lookup services DO NOT show everything that the fox does
                http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by slickum01 View Post
                  I bought it with a clean title, didnt want a rebuilt title now I have one, how did the guy before me have a clean title?
                  How long did he own it maybe it wasn't salvage then or it didn't come up when he got the title. Maybe he never knew. Carfax would tell you when it was salvaged.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                    damn man, I ALWAYS run a carfax...

with the unlimited package, you can run an infinite number of vehicles with a license plate number and 5 VIN per month. makes looking up private party vehicles a snap!

Autocheck and the other VIN lookup services DO NOT show everything that the fox does
                    CARFAX can fuck you too. I bought a car, ran the vin through carfax and everything was clean. Two years later I go to trade the car in and the dealership runs the carfax, it now has a salvaged title from a accident 2 years prior to me purchasing it. I got fucked because carfax took 4 years to update the car I bought.

Comment

Originally posted by ftp View Post
                      CARFAX can fuck you too. I bought a car, ran the vin through carfax and everything was clean. Two years later I go to trade the car in and the dealership runs the carfax, it now has a salvaged title from a accident 2 years prior to me purchasing it. I got fucked because carfax took 4 years to update the car I bought.
                      oh man, that's no fucking bueno
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Yep carfax is not the end all reporting it makes itself out to be. Very similar situation as ftp.

Comment

Wrecked in '09, looks like it was salvaged in '94 in Georgia as well.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                            Wrecked in '09, looks like it was salvaged in '94 in Georgia as well.
                            Is that all off of carfax? I always feel like the few times Ive used the pay for history sites the information was never very detailed......I did the initial check from Alabama but it wasnt very detailed I have to mail in for detailed information...

If it shows that many problems then how was the person able to sell to me with a clean title in hand, wouldn't the state withheld the title from him also? If he gave me something fake or altered would they not notice it, or would they even care?

Comment

Also didnt realize there were so many places to look at information on titles, is carfax the end all be all or just the most advertized?

National Motor Vehicle Title Information system has links for about 10 different vendors is one better then the others?

Comment

Working...
                              X