Evap coil out in my home ac

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evap coil out in my home ac

The home warranty covers the replacement. But they want to charge $100 for a disposal fee. Can I not just keep it for now and take it to a scrap metal place later? Or is there an issue because of the coolant?

I'm no AC guy, but it's probably the refrigerant in it that the disposal fee is for instead of the coil itself. They'll have to evac the lines which will lead to the fee.

Comment

That sounds ridiculous to me. They should have evacuated it before they tore it apart. It's just another way to charge more fees.

Comment

If the coil went out theres probably no freon in there to recover. Ive never had an ac guy try to charge me a disposal fee. If they did I would find someone else.
        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Just another way for them to make money. Keep it and scrap it out. There will be no freon in it.

Comment

this is the warranty company dictating that price. I'm just not understanding why I can't just keep it and scrap it later if they have to drain whatever is left in it anyways.

Comment

I just told them to let me keep it to avoid the additional fee, dude that did the work took it anyways.

Comment

another reason I hate home warranty companies

Comment

Its yours you,can do whatever you want with it. Lie lie lie

Comment

aint no ac in my home
                    only hotness everyday
                    aint no ac in my hoooome
                    in my home
                    in my home
                    I don't want to stay

Comment

solid
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Good news is I have an evap coil sitting in my back yard

Comment

Working...
                        X