Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who here thinks CPS will be investigating this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who here thinks CPS will be investigating this?

11-Year-Old Fatally Shoots Suspected Intruder While Home Alone With His 4-Year-Old Sister

An 11-year-old boy fatally shot a suspected intruder who tried to enter his North St. Louis County home Thursday afternoon while he was alone with his 4-year-old sister, police told KMOV-TV.

The boy fired one shot that hit the suspected home intruder in the head, KDSK-TV reported. He died at the scene, police said. KTVI-TV reported his age as 16.

Police caught a second suspect just down the street, KMOV reported. He’s believed to be in his late teens or early 20s, KDSK added.

The pair had attempted two other break ins at the house before finally walking through the front door — it wasn’t forced entry, KMOV said. The names of the two suspects haven’t been released.

Police said they believe the boy’s mother purchased the gun for protection after previous attempted break-ins, KTVI said. Police said they’re trying to determine why the children were home alone and why the boy had access to the gun, KTVI reported.

Most states don't have laws specifying a minimum age for a child to be left alone. I don't think Missouri does. There are several cases of a child shooting an intruder that ended favorably for the victim(s). There really shouldn't be an issue, from a legal standpoint. Who wouldn't have a gun in the house living anywhere near that shit hole. I'm sure gun sales in the area have spiked since Ferguson last year.

Give the kid a trophy and call it a day.

Comment

we dont know their races, so we cannot make a judgment yet!!1eleven

Comment

i was alone from 1st grade on.. a damn 11 year old? i dont plan on watching my child 24/7 at 11, he's learning how things work now at 3.

Comment

they were black IIRC, but I don't see what the problem is... the kid was probably home alone because momma was out working her 2nd or 3rd job to put food on the table.
          http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I'm with ya there, Nay. 11yrs old is 6th grade. I was babysitting my younger brother and sister at that age

Comment

The Cops and CPS have gotten involved for children older than these for crime of walking home from the park by themselves. It isn't the 80's anymore.

Comment

Is there a law in Missouri that specifies that an 11 year old CAN'T use lethal force to defend him or herself in the event of a home invasion IN HIS OR HER OWN HOME? The Kid wasn't out on the street with a gun...he was in his HOME...behind a locked door. I say good shot kid.

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                  Is there a law in Missouri that specifies that an 11 year old CAN'T use lethal force to defend him or herself in the event of a home invasion IN HIS OR HER OWN HOME? The Kid wasn't out on the street with a gun...he was in his HOME...behind a locked door. I say good shot kid.
                  no such law. anybody has the right to defend with deadly force

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
                    The law hasn't stopped the Cops and CPS before, why would it now? I'm not sure about Missouri, but in other states, even if they don't set an age that a child can be home without supervision if something happens when you are gone you can still be charged with child neglect.

Comment

"If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Nice shooting kid!
                        "A bad day hunting beats a good day at work"

Golden Oaks Lodge
                        East Texas Axis and Fallow hunts
                        https://www.facebook.com/GoldenOaksLodge/

Comment

Looks to me like she left the other kid in good hands. When we get calls from nosey neighbors it all depends on the kids and of course the ages. Ask them a few simple questions and we are off. Now if you leave your 2, 5 , and 7 year old at home alone that is generally frowned upon.
                          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

My son just turned 6 and while I would NOT he is more than capable of staying home alone for an hour or so no prob. I even test him at times when I am outside I will go around to the front door and knock on it. I have finally trained him to ask who it is before ever touching the handle. If its not me or grammy dont answer it. Hell he can work the TV and shit around the house better than I can and I keep all of his snacks and drinks down on his level in the fridge and pantry. Now if he would just learn to wipe his own ass good I could probably ditch daycare.

Comment

Working...
                            X