Police officer deaths by year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police officer deaths by year

Lots of panic and finger-pointing going on lately in the media about cops getting killed. I just wanted to post this to give some perspective on history.
    This website also breaks it down into further subjects for the curious.

Also take into account populations has been rising.

Here is 2015 so far...

So far this year, 74 law enforcement officers have died in the line of duty.

yeah, but they're trying to fire up the martial law machine in fifteen!
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Look at the k9 ones... majority of the ones that died is due to heat exhaustion. Fucking hypocrites. Those officers should be charged.

Comment

And this is why we are the way we are in 2015.

Comment

1930 was a bad year for LEOs

Comment

Is there a tangible list of how many police officers have killed civilians to compare with?

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
              Is there a tangible list of how many police officers have killed civilians to compare with?
              Of course not, no one keeps track of that.

I don't agree with any of the bullshit that is going on here lately. There are plenty of great cops. But the good ones have got to stop covering for the shitty ones. The covering up is a relic of the system that has to change because everyone has a video camera now. You can't just lie and get away with it any more.
              Originally posted by racrguy
              What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
              Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

They want to fire up the anti-gun crowd too, and starting a race war is just a little extra bene for some of these libtards.

Comment

The blue lives matter rhetoric is the new "support the troops."
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I bet a good number of those are motor vehicle accidents.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post

I don't agree with any of the bullshit that is going on here lately. There are plenty of great cops. But the good ones have got to stop covering for the shitty ones. The covering up is a relic of the system that has to change because everyone has a video camera now. You can't just lie and get away with it any more.
                      While I agree with most of your statement my biggest issue with the anti police movement right now is the fucking lies that are spread as truths before the actual truth comes out. The news media needs to have their asses fined off for spreading lies and bullshit stories. I don't cover for bad cops and I never have.
                      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Good luck with normal cops stepping up, anyone that Snowdens on the police station end up in a no win situation and I'm sure some form of union keeps anything crazy from happening. As well most people in this world don't have balls that are bigger than their responsibilities, I just don't see many police officers making 40-70k a year taking that big a risk.

Since evil wins when good people do nothing, what you have is just bad cops and cops that dont care enough to get rid of the bad ones, therefore no good cops, just day to day ones.

Comment

Well to be fair, that list would have to be pretty specific. Many of those were good shoots that you or I would have done the same. So you'd have to shave off a whole lot, that got what they deserved just for being stupid ass criminals.

Now the number we'd both like to see, would be the fuck ups. All the ones where the cops should have done prison time or hanged for the fuck up.

But back to the cop deaths, lotta hart attacks. This ones kinda weird:

Deputy Chief Steven Bonano
                          New York City Police Department, NY
                          EOW: Saturday, January 17, 2015
                          Cause of Death: 9/11 related illness

Maybe asbestos dust flying around after the building collapse
                          Last edited by Gasser64; 09-03-2015, 03:14 AM.
                          WH

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
                            While I agree with most of your statement my biggest issue with the anti police movement right now is the fucking lies that are spread as truths before the actual truth comes out. The news media needs to have their asses fined off for spreading lies and bullshit stories. I don't cover for bad cops and I never have.
                            People believe the media because there is no other credible source that is knowledgeable of the situation. In the majority of situations, all they get is the usual spin from the police. They have figured out that the usual spin is total bullshit.
                            What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                            Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Working...
                            X