Credit question... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chronical View Post
    Never claimed to be a guru. You are dead wrong in utilization. I don't care how long you have been paying on time. Put a major purchase on your credit card that uses 50% or more of your limit and wait for the statement to come. Your score will plummet. This is common knowledge and not "my methods". I linked in here the fico scoring model but you can't read. I also explain several times that you don't have to pay before the statement cuts, but if you do, it will improve your score as well. But you can't read that either. You said "my methods" were too complicated. How hard is it to pay early? All the extra steps I gave you were for you to see for yourself what utilization does to your score. But you probably couldn't read that either so instead claimed it was too much work
    I can read, asshole. I'm saying when I have auto pay vs figuring out how many charges are going to post the day before the statement and then scheduling my payment to make my statement balance $0 is more trouble than it's worth. You're talking about a few points. When you are this close to 850 it just isn't worth it. I've charged more than 50% of my limit on a card recently and my score is still high. Maybe for people who need every point they can get its for them but not for me.
    Last edited by Barbie; 09-02-2015, 04:10 PM.
    BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
    I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
    PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

Originally posted by Barbie View Post
      I can read, asshole. I'm saying when I have auto pay vs figuring out how many charges are going to post the day before the statement and then scheduling my payment to make my statement balance $0 is more trouble than it's worth. You're talking about a few points. When you are this close to 850 it just isn't worth it. I've charged more than 50% of my limit on a card recently and my score is still high. Maybe for people who need every point they can get its for them for not for me.
      HI!
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

If you end up paying, make sure you get a "pay for delete" so they actually delete it from your profile, not just say you paid off a negative mark on your credit.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
          HI!
          Hi!
          BARBIE LOVES BULLITT991 3.17.07
          I'm a Barbie girl...In my Barbie world...
          PROUD OWNER: '04 AZURE BLUE MACH 1

Comment

I can read, asshole. I'm saying when I have auto pay vs figuring out how many charges are going to post the day before the statement and then scheduling my payment to make my statement balance $0 is more trouble than it's worth. You're talking about a few points. When you are this close to 850 it just isn't worth it. I've charged more than 50% of my limit on a card recently and my score is still high. Maybe for people who need every point they can get its for them for not for me.
            Don't mind DJ. Want to fuck and finance?

Comment

I can read, asshole. I'm saying when I have auto pay vs figuring out how many charges are going to post the day before the statement and then scheduling my payment to make my statement balance $0 is more trouble than it's worth. You're talking about a few points. When you are this close to 850 it just isn't worth it. I've charged more than 50% of my limit on a card recently and my score is still high. Maybe for people who need every point they can get its for them but not for me.
              Lol now you are lying. Oh I forgot the algorithms used to calculate scores don't apply to you because you are special. I'm not going to argue with someone who dismisses facts. Spreading misinformation is never good though.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
                I have two accounts that have dinged my credit report. One is a medical bill for $333 and the other is Charter for $92. They both say closed and status is Late. I have no idea who to call to pay these or what to do to get this shit fixed. I'm hoping someone would be able to send me in the right direction.
                I am sorry it so late. As others mentioned, medical bills wont typically impact your credit score directly. They get sold to collection agencies and you bet your sweet a@@ that they report it and now that bill is indirectly wrecking havoc on your scores. With medical collections. Do this.

1. Mail a dispute and validation letter to all three credit bureaus. Send it certified and with return receipt. If you need an example, I can provide one. It should definitely include something like

I have no knowledge or records of the listed account(s).
                Please advise me as to the name(s) and address(es) of the medical provider(s), the date(s) and type(s) of service,and to whom the service(s) was (were) provided, as any account(s) I might have had may be obsolete.
                If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies

2. If it gets deleted, great! Thats it. If it comes back verified then you need to move to the next step.

3.If verified, then you will have documented proof of a relationship between the health care provider and the collection agency. Per HIPAA, the collection agency should only have your information when there is an outstanding balance. At this step, there is a very specific letter to send to the health care provider with an enclosed check.

4. Once you have verified that the check has been deposited and funds withdrawn, you will dispute again with the all three credit bureaus. The credit bureau's would now have full liability under HIPAA since there is no longer any permissible purpose since a payment is no longer due.

5. A final letter would be sent to the HIPAA compliance department of the medical provider reminding them of the violations they have commited.

This will result in a deletion or open them up for grounds for you to file suit.

If you need me to send some links pm me.

With regards to the charter bill, who is reporting it? Charter or a collection agency?

Comment

I have never had an issue before last month. I had a redlight ticket sent to me in February of this year and it showed someone elses plate and car but my name so I called and told them that was not my car or plate. I was told to pay it anyway and I told them to get bent. Fast forward to last Friday and I got my Discover statement and see that my score had dropped by almost 160 points. I pulled my report today and found that my redlight ticket had gone to collections and everything else is the same as it has been for years. I can not believe that $100 going to collection would be such a kick to the nuts. Thank god I do not use credit.
                  Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

got your discover statement but doesnt use credit. makes sense

Comment

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
                      Lol. Yep discover doesn't cut a statement unless you use the card.

Comment

It is the card attached to my PayPal account. I have learned that hard way to have an extra layer of protection when going thorough Pay Pal. The balance was $0.00 and will remain that way. I send Discover payment within moments of using the PayPal account and they kindly send me a statement showing what went on with the account.
                        Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

also you can dispute the redlight ticket since you never agreed to those terms, but you dont use credit, so who cares...right?

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            It is the card attached to my PayPal account. I have learned that hard way to have an extra layer of protection when going thorough Pay Pal. The balance was $0.00 and will remain that way. I send Discover payment within moments of using the PayPal account and they kindly send me a statement showing what went on with the account.
                            So you use credit?

Comment

also you can dispute the redlight ticket since you never agreed to those terms, but you dont use credit, so who cares...right?
                              I have no intention of trying to dispute the charge. I just thought that I should share my experience with the board.

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                              So you use credit?
                              Credit cards yes; credit, it depends on who you ask. I have never once carried a balance or paid interest on anything in my life and I never will. If by using a credit card to make a purchase you say that I am using credit then yes I am using credit.

EDIT: How does a FICO score differ from the other 3, Transunion, Equifax, and Experian? My FICO score is the one that dropped while the others still show what they have always shown.
                              Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-02-2015, 11:47 PM.

Comment

you used money that wasnt yours, so yes, credit. it's pretty simple but you always try to use some dumbfuck reasoning

Comment

Working...
                                X