Credit question... again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy View Post
    you used money that wasnt yours, so yes, credit. it's pretty simple but you always try to use some dumbfuck reasoning
    I use prepaid cards a lot but you can not link them to Pay Pal so I am forced to use the discover. I sent Discover a check for $5000 about 15 years ago and just kept that as a balance to draw from but they kept mailing me a check for what ever amount was there at the end of the month so I had to stop doing that. Now I just send money to them right after I make the charge through PayPal.

Is it credit if you eat a meal at a restaurant before you pay for the meal? How about running a bar tab that you pay before you leave the bar? Is that credit too? How about paying for a lap dance once the dance is over? That would be strange getting credit from someone whos credit is shot; if it is credit being given by using her before paying for her.
    Last edited by svauto-erotic855; 09-03-2015, 12:06 AM.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
      Don't mind DJ. Want to fuck and finance?
      Can Sean and I get a two for one deal? We'll help raise your credit score to an even 850.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
        Is it credit if you eat a meal at a restaurant before you pay for the meal? How about running a bar tab that you pay before you leave the bar? Is that credit too? How about paying for a lap dance once the dance is over? That would be strange getting credit from someone whos credit is shot; if it is credit being given by using her before paying for her.
        like i said, dumbfuck reasoning...

Comment

Fucking moron.
          Originally posted by BradM
          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
          Originally posted by Leah
          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

he never pays interest...

when you spend $10-20-100k/mo, it's hard to hand deliver cash to suppliers, etc.

credit cards offer protection and a discount through points

it's not like they're going to lower the limits on his credit cards, and it's not like the score reduction is going to hurt him while trying to get a home loan that he isn't going to seek out.

so in the sense that he doesn't use credit to get loans like most people do on cars, homes, etc. he doesn't use credit...

he has credit... he uses credit cards... but I would agree that he doesn't "use credit" in the traditional peasant sense
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
              he never pays interest...

when you spend $10-20-100k/mo, it's hard to hand deliver cash to suppliers, etc.

credit cards offer protection and a discount through points

it's not like they're going to lower the limits on his credit cards, and it's not like the score reduction is going to hurt him while trying to get a home loan that he isn't going to seek out.

so in the sense that he doesn't use credit to get loans like most people do on cars, homes, etc. he doesn't use credit...

he has credit... he uses credit cards... but I would agree that he doesn't "use credit" in the traditional peasant sense
              His original statement was that he does not use credit. He didn't say he doesn't pay interest until later. If he uses a card, regardless whether paying interest or not, he is still using credit. That is a direct contradiction of the statement that "Thank god I do not use credit."

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                His original statement was that he does not use credit. He didn't say he doesn't pay interest until later. If he uses a card, regardless whether paying interest or not, he is still using credit. That is a direct contradiction of the statement that "Thank god I do not use credit."
                I could use a debt card just as easily but the rules for contesting a charge are not the same and the major reason I use a credit card is so I can contest the charge if something in the transaction goes amiss.

If I could get a prepaid card that would allow me to send them 50k-100k to draw from I would do it but the companies that offer prepaid cards will not do over 5k in total over the life of the card; I have tried that route before. Prepaid cards also get their info stolen by the people who work for the companies that offer them and your money gets stolen, I know this from first hand experience. You must use the full balance on one asap or you will lose it.
                Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                  Never claimed to be a guru. You are dead wrong in utilization. I don't care how long you have been paying on time. Put a major purchase on your credit card that uses 50% or more of your limit and wait for the statement to come. Your score will plummet. This is common knowledge and not "my methods". I linked in here the fico scoring model but you can't read. I also explain several times that you don't have to pay before the statement cuts, but if you do, it will improve your score as well. But you can't read that either. You said "my methods" were too complicated. How hard is it to pay early? All the extra steps I gave you were for you to see for yourself what utilization does to your score. But you probably couldn't read that either so instead claimed it was too much work
                  May I have the link to the scoring model?

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                    I use prepaid cards a lot but you can not link them to Pay Pal so I am forced to use the discover. I sent Discover a check for $5000 about 15 years ago and just kept that as a balance to draw from but they kept mailing me a check for what ever amount was there at the end of the month so I had to stop doing that. Now I just send money to them right after I make the charge through PayPal.

bullshit...we know you only pay cash. You have reminded us many...many... many times.

Comment

Because that isn't what secured cards are meant for. They are meant for people with shitty credit to rebuild. They also usually come with high fees. I don't know why you'd want to do it that way anyhow. Using credit doesn't mean you're poor. If used wisely, they can be very beneficial. 5% cash back, frequent flyer miles, hotel stays, etc. why would you not want to earn incentives on what you are already spending?

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                        bullshit...we know you only pay cash. You have reminded us many...many... many times.
                        Mail order and cash do not mix well so I normally use a prepaid card for that if it is a personal purchase. Ebay purchases are paid with PayPal and I run the transaction through my discover card. I do not spend a dime for anything if I can not pay for it without financing it. All of my business purchasing is done on one card and I never have carried a balance on it. I also pay on it throughout the month as checks show up and doubt that there has ever been a balance higher than 10k on it at any given moment and my statement balance is always ZERO.

Comment

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                          May I have the link to the scoring model?
                          Here you go

Your FICO Scores are calculated using five categories: payment history, amounts owed, new credit, length of credit history and credit mix. See how much each matter to you.

Comment

Originally posted by chronical View Post
                            I am sorry it so late. As others mentioned, medical bills wont typically impact your credit score directly. They get sold to collection agencies and you bet your sweet a@@ that they report it and now that bill is indirectly wrecking havoc on your scores. With medical collections. Do this.

1. Mail a dispute and validation letter to all three credit bureaus. Send it certified and with return receipt. If you need an example, I can provide one. It should definitely include something like

I have no knowledge or records of the listed account(s).
                            Please advise me as to the name(s) and address(es) of the medical provider(s), the date(s) and type(s) of service,and to whom the service(s) was (were) provided, as any account(s) I might have had may be obsolete.
                            If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies

2. If it gets deleted, great! Thats it. If it comes back verified then you need to move to the next step.

3.If verified, then you will have documented proof of a relationship between the health care provider and the collection agency. Per HIPAA, the collection agency should only have your information when there is an outstanding balance. At this step, there is a very specific letter to send to the health care provider with an enclosed check.

4. Once you have verified that the check has been deposited and funds withdrawn, you will dispute again with the all three credit bureaus. The credit bureau's would now have full liability under HIPAA since there is no longer any permissible purpose since a payment is no longer due.

5. A final letter would be sent to the HIPAA compliance department of the medical provider reminding them of the violations they have commited.

This will result in a deletion or open them up for grounds for you to file suit.

If you need me to send some links pm me.

With regards to the charter bill, who is reporting it? Charter or a collection agency?
                            SOUTHWEST CREDIT SYSTEM is the one showing up on my report for the Charter bill.

And thank you very much on that info!

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                              Tim, how safe do you think mailing cash is? (it's not legal, btw)

if you have money in the bank... let's call that money "cash" for the sake of argument.

And you need to make a $20k purchase... what's the best way to go about it?

Hell, if you need to make a $3k purchase.

Do you set up a wire transfer between your bank and the merchant's bank? Do you mail a check? Both of those are less convenient than using a credit card...

They also offer less buyer protection...

They also do not have the inherent "discount" offered by reward point programs.

So using a credit card is safer and costs less than using hard currency, check, or wire transfer.

If you then pay off the balance with said "cash" prior to any incurred interest, isn't that ESSENTIALLY the same thing as "paying cash" versus "financing" the balance by "using credit"?

It's baffling to me the number of intelligent people who are arguing semantics on a perfectly clear and logical phrasing to sum up a purchase in which the balance is paid off immediately and zero interest is incurred as a "cash purchase".

When a person "pays cash" for a vehicle or a car, do you honestly call them out on the fact that they didn't literally hand over stacks of hundred dollar bills to make the purchase?

My contention is that the semantics argument stems from dislike of the person making the statement and not due to the nuts and bolts of the actual claim.
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

That process (not paying interest, paying in full monthly) is the exact same process used and posted about my multiple members here ad nauseam. Tons of people do that. Anytime a credit/credit card thread is posted that's what the vast majority of posts are talking about. It was his decision to come into a thread and post "I have to lol at credit card and deal being used in the same sentence. If you can't pay cash don't buy it" or something to that effect.

Here it is:
                                Hoping to get some insight on any possible credit card deals that are out there from the Dfw credit gurus. I know i know i dont particularly care for CC myself as i only buy what i can afford with cash and the ones I do have get paid off every month. However I am Getting married in the spring of next year so we are making final
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X