MacBook Air or MacBook Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MacBook Air or MacBook Pro

I need to replace my ($300) 7 year old windows laptop and would like to go with a Mac. Is the MacBook Pro worth the extra money? I mainly surf the web, pay bills, keep pics and music on my laptop. Here are the 2 that I am looking at. Any advice would be great. Thanks...

My advice is to not buy a Mac.

Comment

Love my Macbook Pro, that being said I love my wifes air too, the additional IO and retina screen are what sells me on it. What do you plan on using it for or connecting to it?
      Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
        Love my Macbook Pro, that being said I love my wifes air too, the additional IO and retina screen are what sells me on it. What do you plan on using it for or connecting to it?
        All I really use it for is surfing the web, paying bills, storing pics & music. I sometimes use it to play music through my DJ Sound System when we have house parties or get together at friends or family places.

Comment

Why the fuck would you spend that much just to use it like a netbook?

Comment

Refurbished pro for $820. https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-app...k-pro-laptop-3

I'd agree with others though, why spend double on a mac when you're just using it for basic BS?
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Just buy a tablet and be done with it, save yourself a GANG of money, plus the form factor is way more convenient for walking around with one at the house.

Comment

There kind of isn't a wrong decision there. For what you're using it for, the Air is solid. I use one every day for work and love it.

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                My advice is to not buy a Mac.
                We'll go ahead and add that one to the list:

[x] hates Macs

Edit: might as well put the whole list here too:

[x] hates Star Wars
                [x] hates working on cars
                [x] hates red accents on cars

Comment

Why would you want a macbook for those simple tasks? Save yourself some money and get any laptop with an SSD.

I have a macBook Air, macBook Pro, iPad air, iPad mini, the macBook air is amazing, but my pro is pretty much a full fledged desktop replacement. Its WAY more powerful than my air.

iPad mini though is probably the most used device, damn thing is perfect.

Comment

My current Mac Book Pro is 10 years old and works perfect. I'm heavy into video and photo stuff. I have drug this thing all over the world and back.I never had a PC last more than 24 months. I will never buy a PC laptop.
                    I'm gonna buy a new MacBook pro next month.THe old one will be relegated to internet duty until it craps out.

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
                      Why would you want a macbook for those simple tasks? Save yourself some money and get any laptop with an SSD.

I have a macBook Air, macBook Pro, iPad air, iPad mini, the macBook air is amazing, but my pro is pretty much a full fledged desktop replacement. Its WAY more powerful than my air.

iPad mini though is probably the most used device, damn thing is perfect.
                      OP, listen to what most are saying -- save the money. You can buy one of those ASUS transformer deals for sub $300 and have more than enough power to do all that you said. I upgraded my work laptop about 2 years ago and got to keep my old one. It's now approaching 7 years old, is a dual core processor with 4 GB RAM, and it runs Windows 8.1 like a champ. My 7th grade son uses it for homework, web surfing, minecraft, Netflix, etc. without any glitches or maintenance on my part. Heck, I'm sitting here wiping and reinstalling windows on another 6+ year old laptop that will do everything you mentioned as good as a $600 machine in the store today. Save the coin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike69 View Post
                        I need to replace my ($300) 7 year old windows laptop and would like to go with a Mac. Is the MacBook Pro worth the extra money? I mainly surf the web, pay bills, keep pics and music on my laptop. Here are the 2 that I am looking at. Any advice would be great. Thanks...
                        Buy an iPad Air 2. I do all that on mine and it is super quick now that the iPad was upgraded with 2gb of RAM and a tri-core processor.

I have thought about getting a MacBook Pro but with an iPad Air 2 and iPhone 6+, I just don't see a need for one.

Comment

Holy mother of fuck. The non-mac laptop I could buy starting at $899 would punch the ever loving fucking dick of the Air into the dirt. What the fuck is wrong with people?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Magnus View Post
                            Holy mother of fuck. The non-mac laptop I could buy starting at $899 would punch the ever loving fucking dick of the Air into the dirt. What the fuck is wrong with people?
                            When I got my Macbook pro in early 2014 nothing could compare at the time, build quality, size, battery life, 2 mDP out and 1 HDMI out, usb 3.0 across the board, fastest PCIe SSD on the market, and OSX>Win8
                            Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                              When I got my Macbook pro in early 2014 nothing could compare at the time, build quality, size, battery life, 2 mDP out and 1 HDMI out, usb 3.0 across the board, fastest PCIe SSD on the market, and OSX>Win8
                              Bullshit.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X