Health insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
    More interested to hear how she is recovering, than the out of pocket cost. This is something I've struggled with ever since it happened. I did have insurance back when it happened, but did some research and heard/read so many horror stories of people who only got worse after the surgery so I decided against it. It's at the point now, where I don't want to continue living like this. Some days I can't move my arm at all. I can't get a good night's sleep. I'm limited in movement and activity. I need help doing things I shouldn't need help doing. It fucking sucks. Even knowing it may not do any good, I'm almost to the point of not caring, I just want a chance at some kind of possible relief. Thank God it is my left arm and not my right, or I wouldn't even be able to rub one out.
    She is still having intermittent pain from the surgery but is steadily improving. The surgeon indicated it would take up to six months to regain full use and that appears to be true. Hers was a full tear and was causing a lot of pain before the surgery. I was diagnosed with a minor tear and arthritis in my non-dominant shoulder about the same time, but was only recommended for PT, which seems to have worked so far.

Comment

It would not be a straight $4800 in your pocket it is pre-tax.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbaearl View Post
        aflac is a good thing to have. it's cheap and will save your ass if needed.
        I love Aflac. Bought it right before I knocked up my wife, I think my kid was something like $800 out the door thanks to Aflac. $30/mo

Comment

Get the cheapest policy that offers catastrophic coverage. You need to PT that shoulder or at least do some workouts with very light weight to try and rehab it yourself.
          Originally posted by racrguy
          What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
          Originally posted by racrguy
          Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
            I had a fantastic plan when I was married, and did a lot more high risk shit back then because of it. It was also dirt cheap. And since I'm not covered now, I tend to shy away from high risk stuff these days. Even the best plan we have fucking sucks.

Insurance is just so goddamn expensive these days. Thanks a lot, Obama.
            Easy there harga darga
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
            X