bbq fest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
    DJ i would like to come say hi, what are the details on the FOE event?
    Bring the kiddo, mine had a blast walking around tasting bbq.
    Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    I can't find the event address? Where is this at?
    Fraternal Order of Eagles

Fraternal Organization
    Address: 8500 Arturo Dr, Dallas, TX 75228
    Phone: (214) 327-9563
    Saturday 2-6 for the public in the cookoff area.

I think it's $10, they give you a few tickets to drop in the team's box for the "people choice" award. Each of the teams participating will generally have samples of their brisket, ribs, chicken, sauce and beans. Some teams (including ours) will make something else specifically for the people's choice, last year the winning team had smoked duck with a raspberry bbq sauce. I think we are doing pulled port sliders. Last year we did fish tacos, and it was a bit of a beating, since turn in was at the same time.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The FOE deal was pretty cool last year. It was $10 for a wrist band which gets you into the competition area. Once inside you were free to sample as much as the contestants would give you. Since they want that coveted peoples choice award they are pretty generous.

The club is also open for regular business and if I remember correctly they have two outside bars and one inside with plenty of beer options. They aren't included.

Comment

$80 for bbq................. nah

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post

Fraternal Organization

I think it's $10, they give you a few tickets to drop in the team's box for the "people choice" award. Each of the teams participating will generally have samples of their brisket, ribs, chicken, sauce and beans. Some teams (including ours) will make something else specifically for the people's choice, last year the winning team had smoked duck with a raspberry bbq sauce. I think we are doing pulled port sliders. Last year we did fish tacos, and it was a bit of a beating, since turn in was at the same time.
          I'm in.

Comment

Fraternal Organization

Just to confirm, because people use the term " Next weekend " differently.

Is it this upcoming Saturday 09/05 or next Saturday 09/12?

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
              Just to confirm, because people use the term " Next weekend " differently.

Is it this upcoming Saturday 09/05 or next Saturday 09/12?
              It is the 12th. Not this weekend, but next weekend.
              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It is the 12th. Not this weekend, but next weekend.
                Ahh, you're one of the people who use next correctly.

Thanks for the clarification.

Comment

This weekend is the Bedford Blues and BBQ Fest.

Comment

Working...
                  X