New toy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
    and there's a slight tick with the engine that could be an exhaust leak.
    Put load on the engine while going slow and if the tick gets louder then you know it's an exhaust leak.

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
      I'm gonna "svo" this thread up a bit.. Just recently I bought this 06 with a clean title and 116k for ....

$500!!
      Needed a battery and I've been daily driving it for 2 months
      Nice truck! But it ain't no $500 dodge lol
      Deal of the century right there..

Comment

That's pretty damn solid, Stephen.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
          That's pretty damn solid, Stephen.
          Yea it's fucking crazy.. It needs a new front bumper and a fender liner but nothing else...
          It was really dirty when I got it.. The coil on the Ac in the dash was covered in mud and hair so the Ac wouldn't blow but I got it all cleaned out and the Ac works like a beast now too.. And now the inside is clean and stain free also..
          "PSH!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Stephen View Post
            Yea it's fucking crazy.. It needs a new front bumper and a fender liner but nothing else...
            It was really dirty when I got it.. The coil on the Ac in the dash was covered in mud and hair so the Ac wouldn't blow but I got it all cleaned out and the Ac works like a beast now too.. And now the inside is clean and stain free also..
            It's amazing what the lazy person will sell cheap.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Good deal, but I am not a fan of the 4.7L. The tick is likely the timing chains.

Comment

I took it out for a spin. Needs the front end aligned and was throwing rubber off the tires. One front tire is new, the other is worn almost to the belts on the outside and both back tires are too small and bald.

Plugs are new, oil is new, transmission fluid is new, plug wires are new, air filter is new but some idiot ran all of the wires across the top of the engine so as the engine heats up, it starts melting plastic.

I'm loving it so far. It's not the $300 truck I sold for $2000 a few months ago but it's a good start and Texas presumptive value is $3400.
                I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Okay, doesn't need an alignment. Seems I had 3 bald 235/75R15 and one very beefy and new 33 x 10.5 on the driver's front. I replaced them all to match and she tracks perfectly down the road at 60

Comment

Well, I traded the Dakota for a 97 F250HD with the 7.5L V8, 4x4 with a lift kit. It needs a rear passenger door as it's caved in but that thing is strong. I was doing donuts before I took it to Ford for a checkup.

Pictures to come when Photobucket cooperates

Comment

did you really buy that dually?

Comment

Of course I did. It's in my front yard.

Comment

lmao thats awesome

you need to post pics, and research a diesel swap on the thing and be done.

Comment

Those 460s run strong and you can't kill em. Cool find
                            1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

It makes an interesting sound when I wind it up. It pauses for a second and then takes off but it whistles when I do. Never heard a truck whistle when it's winding out. It also has 2 air filters.

Comment

The 4.7 is a great engine. Had it in my Durango.

Comment

Working...
                                X