For aviation geeks, Airbus A380-800 inbound to DFW today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
    A quick google search looks like it verifies his story. It blew up and the back portion of it fell off on a flight from Singapore to Australia.
    And we were told that it was the only plane that could make that trip because it's the longest nonstop flight offered, and they only had that one plane that came to Australia so we had to wait until they had it repaired.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by yellowstang View Post
      The 4th stair from the top is booby trapped, and the engine will fall off!
      Haha nice
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqM0Kjc-F8w[/ame]

Comment

That's a big boat.

Comment

I played golf at Cowboys club on Tuesday AM and there was an Emirates A380 that flew right over us on final... it is huge!
            Originally posted by stevo
            Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

Comment

There is a nice State of Kuwait 747 at Love Field getting something major overhauled. It's been here a few months now. The pic I have is too large to post though.

Comment

If it aint a Boeing it aint going.
                1990 GT

Comment

how much fuel does that thing burn on a trip from Sydney to Dfw?

I know if I have to ask I can't afford it.

Comment

Another interesting tidbit. The flight is so much on the edge of the envelope on how far the plane can travel on a tank that it is never full. I think they top out at 3/4 though you see most rows empty. I have yet to see it more than 3/5 full

The Qantas A380 carries 323,000 litres of fuel, equivalent to eight backyard swimming pools.

I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by turboford View Post
                      how much fuel does that thing burn on a trip from Sydney to Dfw?

I know if I have to ask I can't afford it.
                      Around 60k gallons
                      2006 Civic SI
                      2009 Pilot
                      1988 GT
                      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
                        Another interesting tidbit. The flight is so much on the edge of the envelope on how far the plane can travel on a tank that it is never full. I think they top out at 3/4 though you see most rows empty. I have yet to see it more than 3/5 full

The Qantas A380 carries 323,000 litres of fuel, equivalent to eight backyard swimming pools.

http://www.news.com.au/travel/travel...-1227073814655
                        It is not that uncommon to block off rows of an airplane. Depends on aircraft, weather, freight, altitude of departing airport.
                        2006 Civic SI
                        2009 Pilot
                        1988 GT
                        CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Working...
                        X