For aviation geeks, Airbus A380-800 inbound to DFW today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For aviation geeks, Airbus A380-800 inbound to DFW today

Coming from Australia, should land early this afternoon. Qantas Rugby World Cup edition.

What's your vector victor?

Any idea what runway it will be landing on? Flying over 114 or 183? I work in Coppell and can see most Southbound air traffic from my office, would love to catch a glimpse.

Comment

Any idea what runway it will be landing on? Flying over 114 or 183? I work in Coppell and can see most Southbound air traffic from my office, would love to catch a glimpse.

And coincidentally enough, I was reading into the A380 the other day. Only way I'd ever be able to fly on one is on a BA flight from here to LHR (London Heathrow) to the tune of $1500. You guys should definitely read this guys review of first class. I felt poor and pathetic afterwards. It was great!

Review of Emirates A380 first class between Los Angeles and Dubai. Thoughts on the seat, entertainment, onboard bar, shower, service, etc.

Comment

I came back from mexico last week and was sitting in a bus on the tarmac parked next to a qantas A380 while waiting for customs, big bitch!
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I flew that from Dallas to Sydney and then back. The engine fell off in Sydney and caused a 14 hour layover. Comfy and beautiful plane though
          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

I routed through IAH just to ride the Lufthansa A380-800 to FRA instead of the 747-8 that you get on DFW-FRA. It's amazing how quiet it is in flight.

You can also still do DFW-ORD-DFW on through AA on the 787 Dreamliner which has the international configuration in first class (lie flat / pod).

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              The engine fell off
              Thats Airbus for ya!
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post

And coincidentally enough, I was reading into the A380 the other day. Only way I'd ever be able to fly on one is on a BA flight from here to LHR (London Heathrow) to the tune of $1500. You guys should definitely read this guys review of first class. I felt poor and pathetic afterwards. It was great!

http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...eles-to-dubai/
                I work in Coppell, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  Thats Airbus for ya!
                  Quantas was very kind. They kept giving us meal vouchers every 2 hours, 30 bucks each at a time. I wound up with about $400 because my kids were polite and we were not yelling at the desk people like everyone else. We bought everything we could think of at the approved gift shop before we left.

It's one of the most comfortable planes I've flown in and quiet though I will be honest. That take off, I was watching for the engine to fall off.
                  I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

A380 fun fact:It takes 3,600 L (950 US gal) of paint to cover the 3,100 m2 (33,000 sq ft) exterior of an A380. The paint is five layers thick and weighs about 650 kg.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                      I work in Coppell, too.
                      Me three.

Comment

Damm 23k for first class

Originally posted by DOHCTR
                        You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by cool cat View Post
                          Me three.
                          Freight / logistics?

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            Thats Airbus for ya!
                            I won't fly airbus. They're safety record is the worst

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                              Freight / logistics?
                              Mall crawlers and brodozers.

Comment

Working...
                              X