Road Construction: Why dey do dis?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Road Construction: Why dey do dis?

Say you're running a highway construction project...

So you spend a couple weeks dragging the asphalt chewing machine up and down a few miles of interstate.

Once you're done with that, you let it sit for months, leaving this grooved and potholed mess for people to drive on.

At some point, months later, you come back and resurface it.

Why the wait?

"we need more money"
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Comment

it's a conspiracy
        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I'd like to think there's some sort of scientific reason for it, but if there is, I sure can't think of what that might be. I-30 west of downtown Fort Worth sucks to drive right now, especially in the old Mustang.

Comment

Originally posted by BLAKE View Post
            I'd like to think there's some sort of scientific reason for it, but if there is, I sure can't think of what that might be. I-30 west of downtown Fort Worth sucks to drive right now, especially in the old Mustang.
            Ewe, I bet it is.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

They are removing and repaving 80 in Forney quite fast. It almost seems as if they are laying pavement right behind the demolition!

On a different note, why in the eff TxDOT decided the 4 lane by my house needed chip sealed is beyond me. I was coming home from my Saturday morning ride to find them setting up to lay tar and gravel. What once was smooth is now a BEATING to ride on. The only major problem with the whole stretch of road were a few small sections that could have stood to be patched.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                They are removing and repaving 80 in Forney quite fast. It almost seems as if they are laying pavement right behind the demolition!
                On a different note, why in the eff TxDOT decided the 4 lane by my house needed chip sealed is beyond me. I was coming home from my Saturday morning ride to find them setting up to lay tar and gravel. What once was smooth is now a BEATING to ride on. The only major problem with the whole stretch of road were a few small sections that could have stood to be patched.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
                What part of 80? Are they widening it? I don't drive it anymore. Its one of the worst stretch of highways to drive right now. Too many people have moved in and its too small of a highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                  it's a conspiracy

A deal with Discount Tire for a cut of the replacement wheel sales..

Comment

They generally recycle most of the old surface to use as material in the new surface. It takes a little while to manufacture the replacement material.

Comment

I hate to say it, but Lincolnboy could give you the most accurate answer in this matter.

Let that sink in a little...

Comment

try riding a motorcycle on that groved pavement...

Comment

The best is when the city waits until school starts to start road construction in front of the school

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
                            I hate to say it, but Lincolnboy could give you the most accurate answer in this matter.

Let that sink in a little...
                            Confused?? I didn't see a post in this thread from him

Comment

Originally posted by 95DRGT View Post
                              Confused?? I didn't see a post in this thread from him
                              Previous posts indicate he does some kind of work with building roads.

Comment

Working...
                              X