How you doing today, Slow99?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
    I think that's the norm for school districts or people paying into Teachers Retirement System
    I will have to look at the wifes check. Now I am curious.
    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I think that's the norm for school districts or people paying into Teachers Retirement System
      Yes, this is normal. I think it is called a 403(b) or some shit like that.
      Originally posted by racrguy
      What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
      Originally posted by racrguy
      Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
        No. What may blow some of your minds is that there are still some cities that do not pay into SS. I have heard some school districts are this way also.
        I have an uncle that has been an EMT for years. He said he has never paid SS.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Yeah, Lea doesn't pay into SS..

Comment

No. What may blow some of your minds is that there are still some cities that do not pay into SS. I have heard some school districts are this way also.
            Originally posted by Cooter View Post
            my wife doesn't pay into SS
            Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
            I have an uncle that has been an EMT for years. He said he has never paid SS.
            Originally posted by Chili View Post
            Yeah, Lea doesn't pay into SS..
            mind blown. My wife doesnt pay SS either.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              mind blown. My wife doesnt pay SS either.
              I will say, she does have 'some' benefits accrued due to her work prior to becoming a teacher.. But her TRS is the shit. Or will be. Just hope it's fully funded.

Comment

I will say, she does have 'some' benefits accrued due to her work prior to becoming a teacher.. But her TRS is the shit. Or will be. Just hope it's fully funded.
                No worries at all, they're at least as funded as the city of Ft Worth.
                Originally posted by davbrucas
                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  no worries at all, they're at least as funded as the city of ft worth.
                  lol!
                  Originally posted by BradM
                  But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                  Originally posted by Leah
                  In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That's pretty common among local governments in the state. (Opting out of social security back in the day)

Do you work for a tiny town out of curiosity? I haven't seen many cities that don't at least offer some type of optional savings plan.

Comment

That's what's got me worried! lol

Comment

That's what's got me worried! lol
                        Fwiw, the last I remember TRS was around 85% funded - pretty solid relatively speaking.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Hey, they'll hit an 80% funded ratio by 2050...maybe.

Comment

Working...
                          X