Honest Plumber Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post
    Looked the gauge when I got home from work. After 22 hours gallons only increased by 50 gallons. That is with doing 1 load of laundry, running the dish washer once and general use (brushing teeth, toilet, etc.)

Gonna check the sprinkler tonight.
    Every month i walk the yard and check operation on every single head. Fucking lawn guy likes to chop the heads to pieces. Those are easier to notice. The harder ones are the ones where its just kinked and you wouldnt know it until you come close to the head to see it flooding water out the base or in the riser.

I have replaced about 18 heads so far this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post
      Every month i walk the yard and check operation on every single head. Fucking lawn guy likes to chop the heads to pieces. Those are easier to notice. The harder ones are the ones where its just kinked and you wouldnt know it until you come close to the head to see it flooding water out the base or in the riser.

Ya know, it's funny...at my current house the heads always...always drop back down. At my old house, there were always ones sticking up after use.

I've been guilty of busting my own sprinkler heads when they were partially up or similar at my old house.
      Originally posted by MR EDD
      U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Originally posted by 32vfromhell View Post

Why are you replacing the heads? Fuck that shit, lawn guy would be paying for them.
        Originally posted by BradM
        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
        Originally posted by Leah
        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
          Why are you replacing the heads? Fuck that shit, lawn guy would be paying for them.
          When I had a service, I looked at it this way...

1. The dang sprinkler heads need to be down anyway.
          2. It would be tough to prove it overall.

...for all of 2-6 dollars worth of parts.

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
            When I had a service, I looked at it this way...

1. The dang sprinkler heads need to be down anyway.
            2. It would be tough to prove it overall.

...for all of 2-6 dollars worth of parts.
            I make my son pay to replace heads when he hits them, but I'm an asshole, so...

Comment

I make my son pay to replace heads when he hits them, but I'm an asshole, so...
              Now...kids doing it when they are old enough to mow - I'm all for that! There is a difference. haha

Comment

Originally posted by ceyko View Post
                Now...kids doing it when they are old enough to mow - I'm all for that! There is a difference. haha
                Absolutely, that's not about the money, it's about the life lesson..

Comment

The lawn guy needs a life lesson as well, he'd be replacing them, or out of a lawn to mow.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                    The lawn guy needs a life lesson as well, he'd be replacing them, or out of a lawn to mow.
                    I agree, and for the same reason I make my son pay to replace them.

No, they shouldn't stick and should retract completely, but that isn't the point. The point is, whoever is mowing should be paying attention. Be it my kid, some lawn guy, etc.

Comment

Be it my kid, some lawn guy, etc.
                      Can't say I necessarily disagree, I just choose differently.

Wish I could've figured out why the damned things never would go down all the time though.

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                        Meh, it's not my job to teach 'lessons' like that to other adults. The only way I would be teaching him a lesson would be to fire him, and tell him why.

That's why you see road rage, and shit like that.. People always think they need to teach others a lesson.

Comment

Working...
                        X