No announcement yet.

Honest Plumber Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checked the schedule. All zones are what I set them at and running at the correct start time.
    The actual meter read is showing the crazy amount of gallons. If there was a leak the little incremental meter would be spinning all the time and if it was on the main before the meter it wouldn't change and if it was a leak after the meter it would be spinning out of control, no?
    www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Comment

si, check your toilets. if it's running replace the flapper valve in the tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post
        Checked the schedule. All zones are what I set them at and running at the correct start time.
        The actual meter read is showing the crazy amount of gallons. If there was a leak the little incremental meter would be spinning all the time and if it was on the main before the meter it wouldn't change and if it was a leak after the meter it would be spinning out of control, no?
        If the leak is in the sprinkler system itself, whether heads or lines, the meter will only move when the sprinklers are on. It's not a constant leak, it causes the sprinkler system to let out a lot more GPM then when functioning properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Tremor14 View Post
          si, check your toilets. if it's running replace the flapper valve in the tank.
          The meter wasn't moving.

Comment

Bought a few flappers when i went to get the key. After watching that little incremental not move for an hour i doubt it would be the flappers or the toilets leaking at all. If it was a break in the actual LINE for the sprinkler the dial would be spinning constantly, no?
            And if it was a bad head or several bad heads then they would just spin like crazy when the sprinkler itself is on.
            For the toilets to be the cause of the problem they would have to be wasting 25-27 gallons an hour.

Comment

I honestly don't think a bad head or heads is the culprit, unless one came completely off. It's easy enough to check, turn on the sprinklers and go look at each head, it will be obvious if something is awry. I'm still betting that your issue is underground, do you have trees in the yard?

Comment

Have tree's but the house is only 4 years old. Doubt the trees root system is deep to have that kind of issue yet.

And if it was an issue underground like that, and the actual meter shows the increase of gallons, wouldn't it be running all the time basically to actually show the increase in gallons used?

Comment

Originally posted by Big A View Post
                  I honestly don't think a bad head or heads is the culprit, unless one came completely off. It's easy enough to check, turn on the sprinklers and go look at each head, it will be obvious if something is awry. I'm still betting that your issue is underground, do you have trees in the yard?
                  Yeah and I've seen people have 2 or so completely off and it did not seem to affect their water bill THAT much cause they seemed to never fix it.
                  Originally posted by MR EDD
                  U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

In retrospect, the overwatering issue with the timer caused the bulk of the water usage that spring, I would start there, and visually verify that it's shutting off when it's supposed to. In my case it was pure ignorance, I had it programmed wrong (first sprinkler system), though the controllers can go bad, just like anything else.

Comment

im still going with the neighbor stealing your water

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                        im still going with the neighbor stealing your water

Honestly an option as well, depending on what kind of hood you live in.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Live kinda in the hood. But i'm gated and don't think either neighbor would do that honestly. Really the only thing I think it could be since the meter isn't constantly running would be something in the sprinkler system. Stuck open sprinkler head or knocked off head or something.

Comment

Can you not just turn on the sprinklers and look at each head?

Comment

I certainly can. Just haven't had the chance yet. I also checked the gauge this morning before I left the house and i'm going to check it when I get home (9 hour without anyone home). Meaning the gauge shouldn't have moved.

Comment

Looked the gauge when I got home from work. After 22 hours gallons only increased by 50 gallons. That is with doing 1 load of laundry, running the dish washer once and general use (brushing teeth, toilet, etc.)

Gonna check the sprinkler tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X