Honest Plumber Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Honest Plumber Needed

Water company is saying i use 30k gallons the last 2 months. Average is under 10k.

Gotta have a leak somewhere!! No soaked spots in the yard, no water running into the street from my yard so I think its safe to say the sprinkler system isn't leaking anywhere cause if it was 20k gallons leaked into the yard it would be pretty obvious.
    www.facebook.com/hilldetailworks

Originally posted by Counterfiend View Post

cause if it was 20k gallons leaked into the yard it would be pretty obvious.
    You would be surprised to know how incorrect you are.

What you are describing is almost always a leaking sprinkler valve or a toilet that is running.
    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

turn everything off water wise and watch the water meter to see if its moving.

Comment

Did they happen to change your meter?

Comment

Originally posted by snacksnack View Post
          turn everything off water wise and watch the water meter to see if its moving.
          thats where you have to start

Comment

I can't actually access my meter I don't think. It under a little manhole that requires a key to get into. Otherwise I would have already done that. Planned to check the little incremental meter to see if it was spinning to know if it was leaking.

Comment

Have you tried, or just assumed you don't have access?

Comment

I can't actually access my meter I don't think. It under a little manhole that requires a key to get into. Otherwise I would have already done that. Planned to check the little incremental meter to see if it was spinning to know if it was leaking.
                i can send a pic, but you go to home depot, by a standard man hole key and cut the tip off, and it will work... what city are you in?

Comment

buy the tool that looks like this:

one the lower "J" part, cut the extension off the top, and it will unlock the access box.

Comment

better pic, cut the tip off, on the bottom hook.

Comment

I'd also look a little harder for an over-soaked and soft spot in the yard, while the sprinklers are on to make it more obvious. Follow the piping best you can from sprinkler head to sprinkler head.

Comment

Same thing happened to my parents a few years ago. Huge water bill but couldn't find anything obvious (green patches or puddles etc). Turned out to be a leaking main line. The water just goes down into the dry soil below I guess.
                        1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Ugh. Normal bill, 90-100, past 2 month its been 250. Pretty frustrating.

Comment

Had a leak under my first house of in Irving.... 50000 gallons in one month, front yard was green like a big dog in the middle of the summer.

I think the water dept cut me some slack on the bill just for asking, you might give it a try.

mardyn

Comment

Ugh. Normal bill, 90-100, past 2 month its been 250. Pretty frustrating.
                              Find a way to turn the meter off, and soon. That's always the first step in trying to find a leak. If you let this go too long without fixing, they will fine your ass with a quickness.
                              Originally posted by BradM
                              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                              Originally posted by Leah
                              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                              X