Damage Claim with UPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damage Claim with UPS?

Anyone ever had to file a damage claim with UPS ? The process seems simple, just curious on any extra pointers,
    411- shipped an antique cookie jar from my mothers estate to her sister. I wrapped the hell out of it with bubble wrap and packed it in peanuts, good strong box. Showed up with a break. Took pictures and kept package so far. Value is probably $250. Insured it for $400.

Be prepared to fight it for several hours

Comment

It is easy to get them to pay for a lost package but a damage claim is tough. They will say that you did not use sufficient packing so be prepared to argue with them. They also have published packaging guidelines that if you can demonstrate that you followed it could help your claim.
      Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

I hate UPS. They seem to suck more lately than the USPS.

Comment

When I built one of my rifles the upper was shipped UPS and they required a signature on delivery, so I took off a whole day to wait on them. Well they never showed up but the status online said it was delivered. I checked with my neighbors and they hadn't seen anything. Contacted UPS and they called the driver and he said it was delivered so I double checked where he said and nothing. They flat told me that the driver said he delivered it and so there was nothing they could do. They refused to do anything about it. I kept on them for 3 days and they kept basically telling me to fuck off. I emailed the manufacturer with all the info and asked them to contact UPS about it. I don't know what happened next but on the 4th day or so the fucking package showed up on my doorstep, no signature was needed to leave it, and it looked like they drug it behind the truck for 3 days. The upper and manufacturer box were undamaged though and it worked fine. So basically the driver lied about having delivered it, UPS backed him, abd then they delivered it 3 days late after I contacted the manufacturer. Fuckers. I hate UPS and avoid them when possible. Unfortunately some companies only use one shipper so that option is UPS or don't shop there.
          I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

I've had UPS do the same thing. They mark a delivery as delivered and then it shows up a couple of days later. No one in the office really cares because the package says "delivered."

No asshole, it's not here. I'm standing where it should be and it's not. Then you get asked "Have you checked with your neighbors?" No dude, I have no neighbors and why would it be there?

"Well sir, our drivers try to leave packages with neighbors when you aren't home so that the packages are secure."

Two days later when I came home, I found the crushed box thrown over my drive gate.
            I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

Originally posted by Forever_frost View Post
              I've had UPS do the same thing. They mark a delivery as delivered and then it shows up a couple of days later. No one in the office really cares because the package says "delivered."

No asshole, it's not here. I'm standing where it should be and it's not. Then you get asked "Have you checked with your neighbors?" No dude, I have no neighbors and why would it be there?

"Well sir, our drivers try to leave packages with neighbors when you aren't home so that the packages are secure."

Two days later when I came home, I found the crushed box thrown over my drive gate.
              I had UPS forge my signature on a package with D/V and leave it on the front porch.... on Halloween. Needless to say, it was stolen. Took me WEEKS to get them to agree to reimburse me, and even longer to pay me.

Comment

Yep, same thing with me as well. Have had it happen multiple times, including Friday. Package says delivered but I still don't have anything. What a joke.

Comment

The big three shipping vendors (USPS, UPS, FedEx) are all guilty of this sort of shenanigans.

Comment

Our customers get really twisted up when a shipper lists a transfer gun as delivered before we even see it.
                    ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Thank god im friends with my ups guy. If it was damaged it was that way long before he got it.

They will fight it. They have changed their crap in the past 5 years since i delt with them. Like double boxing, and one inch foam crap.

Comment

Shipping anything fragile you need to wrap it to where it can be dropped 4+ feet without damage. If you can't do that then your going to get a lot of breakage and the shipper is very unlikely to cover it.

Comment

USPS lost my item once, they gave me the max value the insurance was worth and all I had to do was show them a copy of the receipt. Luckily I buy everything online these days except for perishable goods.

The process did take about a 6 weeks though from the day I shipped it till I got a check in the mail. Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by svo855 View Post
                            It is easy to get them to pay for a lost package but a damage claim is tough. They will say that you did not use sufficient packing so be prepared to argue with them. They also have published packaging guidelines that if you can demonstrate that you followed it could help your claim.
                            Yes, missing is much easier to claim than damaged

Comment

I've never had an issue with damage or missing packages. Only issue I've had was a stock I ordered had an "exception" listed instead of normal tracking info. Called and found out the train it was on derailed. Took an extra week to get it but it was undamaged...
                              "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." - Thomas Jefferson, 1776

Comment

Working...
                              X